spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
This was just posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/599537184782225408

Indonesian Special Forces Police have detonated a bomb in front of the Australian Consul Residence in Bali.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Wow, 2 hours and 50 minutes to get the bomb squad to Sanur.
It's commonly known as "rubber time".
Plus, it was nearly lunch time. Finding a parking spot these days in Sanur can be a bit of hit and miss, especially for a large truck loaded with eager bomb disposal guys.

I was watching an AFL match in which the Hawthorn "Hawks" were demolishing the Melbourne "Demons". (Pity it wasn't the Essendon "Bombers".)
Then came the police, sirens blaring, followed by the main truck. A couple of the squad on the truck were waving their hands for traffic to get out of their way (as you do).
Followed by a some more police, etc.

Nobody in the bar I was in had any idea what it was about. Oh - apart from one guy who told us there was a "bomb threat" somewhere.

I thought that if that were true, maybe someone targeted Hardy's for a "joke" (or not). Whatever it was, I decided not to go there, or Pantry to buy anything, until the all-clear.

I didn't hear any supposed detonation blasting the "bag". That might have been because some Hawks' fans were trying to sock it to the Demons' supporters.
Whatever.

I ordered another Black Label, just in case.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I had a giggle when this was happening. It was actually a few metres from my front door. A group of Indonesian were standing around pointing and telling me they thought it was a bomb. Why I giggled was that they were standing about 3 metres away from the bloody thing.
I was trained in the Australian military. My forte was defusing bombs. So rising to to the occasion like a true hero I jumped in my car and pissed off.