Barack Obama, an Ex Bali Expat !

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
Markit,
The only mistake Barry made was getting caught doing what he fully intended to do and that was slip Tom Daschle by the media weary public. The "spendulus" plan will fail miserably. You can't satisfy debt by creating more debt, just ask any bum gambler indebted to loan sharks.
Unfortunately, this retard is gambling with our money. If he loses it and can't pay it back, I wonder if the American public will feel inclined to break his legs?
This spendulus package is over a thousand pages thick! I doubt very much any of the philistines in congress or the senate who should read it will actually read it and take the time to trim the unnecessary, artery clogging fat from it.

Don :D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D :twisted:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
By the way, Sumatra, weren't you supposed to have moved to Bali last May (or close to it) ? Forget about the Vedas, the Balinese are screaming for your words of wisdom, cann't you hear them? :lol:

kerobokstar

Mar 25, 2008
An honest president would certainly be nice, haven't had one for 16 years and probably much longer. I think that's a big part of why Obama is so popular, people see him as a near ordinary, honest guy and therefore a great contrast to what has gone before. He just needs to avoid the Carter problem and prove that nice guys can get the job done. That's going to involve reigning in Pelosi too.

As for Obama getting more done in his first two weeks, I'm happy to hear of any president that came out of the blocks faster than he has. Whether you agree with what he's doing or not, you have to say he's getting a lot done (he's got no choice), and despite a slip or two he still has very high approval ratings. For me, it's just annoying that people are so happy to jump on his back at the first sign of a slip up, especially when America is heading down the pan just as fast as the banks can carry it. Bush was given plenty of slack by all sides after 9-11, even by me, he just messed it up horrendously. Now we have our next big crisis, we should all cut Obama some slack until he's had some time to prove himself.

And talking of 9-11, anyone who suggests Iraq was "needed" because of 9-11 needs their head examined... Even Bush had to backtrack on his weak attempts to connect the two. He just wanted to complete daddy's unfinished business... ;-)

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Sumatra: "My post was to Gilbert in reference to Barry making a mistake." I never said he made a mistake, Osama did. :lol:

kerobokstar: "As for Obama getting more done in his first two weeks, I'm happy to hear of any president that came out of the blocks faster than he " Ronald Reagan is one, of the top of my head.
"we should all cut Obama some slack until he's had some time to prove himself." That's what I said.
"And talking of 9-11, anyone who suggests Iraq was "needed" because of 9-11 needs their head examined... Even Bush had to backtrack on his weak attempts to connect the two. He just wanted to complete daddy's unfinished business" Partly you are right about daddy's unfinished business, but it originates a little further back then GWB senior. Sjah of Iran rings a bell? and what happened after the country turned ayatollah crazy?
I didn't mean to say 9/11 was needed, but the outcry for some kind of retaliation was pretty big in the US, Irak happened to become the perfect outlet. I even dare to say....that if that war in Irak would have been resolved quickly, without the aftermath as we know know..America would not have such economic crisis..America would do what it does best after a war...rebuilding infrastrcture, housing, roads, etcetc. Same as they did after ww2.
I could be wrong in this ofcourse, and we will never know for sure...that's the problem with "what if..."
As far as getting my head examined...nothing wrong what is inside of my head.Maybe I am just not that shortsighted as other people :) .
friendly greetings...Gilbert.

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
Gil,
Classical typing digit position would put your left ring finger a fair distance from your left index finger so, unless you're a "two fingered typist", Osama was a Freudian slip and like I said, everything Obarry has done thus far has been quite intentional,
getting caught in the act of hiring yet another "tax cheat" was a mistake.
Giving him slack, that's a silly concept, he's going to use that slack to make sure he wraps the noose around all of our necks and our grandchildren, great grandchildren, great, great grandchildren and on down the line. We'll be on the hook for this debt forever.
Unfortunately Tin, no one will heed my words of wisdom.
Stay healthy my old adversary. The current administration's policies if enacted and enforced are quite harsh in regards to elder and disabled medical care options. Perhaps it is you who should be more concerned about finding safe haven elsewhere?

Don :wink:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Unfortunately Tin, no one will heed my words of wisdom.
Stay healthy my old adversary. The current administration's policies if enacted and enforced are quite harsh in regards to elder and disabled medical care options. Perhaps it is you who should be more concerned about finding safe haven elsewhere?

Not to defend the US health system, which happen to be the most expensive disaster in all of the industrial countries, I would be curious to know how O'Bama's new health policies are going to endanger my life, given that nobody has any definite ideas regarding such policies. Anything short of a single payee, as in all the other industrial countries, will just be like rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic. But as it stands now, if my good Balinese friend, Ngurah B., had been living in the US, he would not have had to sell his car, borrow Rp10J from his brother-in-law, and needed my US$1,200, in order to get the stents he needed following his heart attack, five years ago.