Bali vs Thailand

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I never lived in Thailand but had a few extended holidays there. I prefer Thai food. Both Thai and Indonesian governments are very protectionist and seem to have similar thoughts on making life difficult for foreigners.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
I never lived in Thailand but had a few extended holidays there. I prefer Thai food. Both Thai and Indonesian governments are very protectionist and seem to have similar thoughts on making life difficult for foreigners.
Thailand has just banned streeming, now , no more decent tv. Ok for streeming n Bali?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why don't you try getting a fucking life instead?

Is that really why people chose Bali over Thailand?

Dude you can watch all the TV in the world where you come from and not clutter up the A&E units here with falling off your chair through stupidity.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thailand has just banned streeming, now , no more decent tv. Ok for streeming n Bali?

Streaming not illegal that I am aware of. Streaming of illegal content is illegal anywhere. Are you talking about the two Brits that were arrested recently?

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Your comment confuses me. "Not illegal" "is illegal". Dunno who ran it, but, thaiexpattv has been removed by the authorities.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I think in the case in Thailand it was the football league that complained to the Thai government to take action. My guess is that the Thai authorities wouldn't have taken action unless the complaint was made. I think the same thing probably would have happened here.

If you walk down Legian Street you will see many pirated DVD shops and authorities don't seem to care. If you are streaming at home I can't see a problem, but if you try to start a business around it, it is probably only a matter of time before it gets shutdown. Sports organizations seem to be the most protective. I think you know the rights to broadcast sporting events are sold for millions/billions of dollars.

Also any bars that stream a pirated stream could run into trouble if a complaint was made.

Reactions: Thaiman

Rodney Sprague

May 31, 2017
Your comment confuses me. "Not illegal" "is illegal". Dunno who ran it, but, thaiexpattv has been removed by the authorities.
Not Illegal means legal. AussieExpat TV in Bali has also closed down. Illegally pirated content is Illegal everywhere.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
There are a lot of different packages for tv. I used Indovision for a long time then got Indihome internet which includes a tv package. Around 700K a month for 20Mbps service. Probably not as good as Thailand but adequate.

You can also install a parabola and get a bunch of free channels. I had that also but the only channel I watched was Al Jazeera English news.

The other option is get the parabola and get pre-paid cards from a convenience store. It's a good option if you don't want a monthly subscription.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
There are a lot of different packages for tv. I used Indovision for a long time then got Indihome internet which includes a tv package. Around 700K a month for 20Mbps service. Probably not as good as Thailand but adequate.

You can also install a parabola and get a bunch of free channels. I had that also but the only channel I watched was Al Jazeera English news.

The other option is get the parabola and get pre-paid cards from a convenience store. It's a good option if you don't want a monthly subscription.
Thanks. I got a Minix box, but buffering makes it al;most impossible to watch.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Within walking distance of my house in Kerobokan there is an Ozzie sports bar and an English pub. Both get all the home sports from OZ or UK that anyone would desire....many local expats & tourists meet there for the games....just like at home.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Within walking distance of my house in Kerobokan there is an Ozzie sports bar and an English pub. Both get all the home sports from OZ or UK that anyone would desire....many local expats & tourists meet there for the games....just like at home.
Not interested in sports, thanks any way. Prob. make my home in Legian. (waiting for the moron to make another ridiculous comment)