Bali-Singapore every 6 months for get new visa: expensive?

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
RE: Bali-Singapore every 6 months for get new visa: expensiv

Jill...check your e-mail. They are both there...social/cultural and business sponsor letters. The content of both of these letters is NOT intended for publication on this forum....mengerti? (Understand?)

Specific questions about these letters, their content, format, or other details will ONLY be answered by direct e-mail.

I have no idea why "I'm sticking my neck out." Count it to a "little birdie" that said I should.

Tommy

May 11, 2005

As I said before getting savaged by the Swedish Bulldog

Colin, I hope you didn't aquire any permanent damage?
laugh.gif

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur

Hi Matahari

Somebody sounds very confused.

The SB Visa always has a "free" 60 days, and four renewals. I have no idea what Bali IDE are supposedly telling your friends, if your friends actually understand what's going on. I also have no information that the "rules" have changed recently but stand to be corrected.

Sounds like a load of cods' wallop to me (=BS).

:roll:

Tommy

May 11, 2005

some friends are about to fly over to either Singapore or KL for the VISA renewal and a couple of days ago they went to BALI Ide and got some info about some sort of letter from jakarta that could be aplyed for in advance (prior going for the re newal) It cost 1 million Rp and will asure the VISA (SB) and quicken up the process... and also it would give 60 days free instead of 30. They said that without this letter my friends(swedes) will only get 30days free and that will lead to them having to extend 5 times instead of 4 as usually?

Yeah sounds confusing indeed. I think what the person at Bali Ide meant is that they "pre-arrange" the letter from Jakarta for 1mill, but, i don't see the point in this as it is done by the Embassy of Indonesia in Singapore in a day or two. Whenever i went to Singapore i brought my pasport, photocopy of my pasport, signed and materei-stamped sponsor-letter, a few photos, money to cover the fee and a photocopy of my sponsors KTP. S/B-Visa is always 60 days + 4 extension. Swedes do not get VOA so either way an application for a Visa is required. It sounds to me as if there's been some miscommunication or misunderstandings.

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me :)

I think you'r right tommy, problably some misunderstanding and bad comunication.

Tommy

May 11, 2005

Hey.. Kim.. keep us posted! ;)

Tommy

May 11, 2005

Kim,
Another point here.. i checked with the Indonesian Embassy here in Sweden.

Swedes don't get VOA and everyone wishing to enter R.I have to apply for a "Visit-visa". The basic "Visit-visa" is for tourists and is more or less as "tourist-visa" but differs from the VOA. Now, the good part. This Visa is valid for 60 days and not 30 days like the VOA. So, in other words Swedish tourists can still visit Bali and Indonesia for 60 days. The only difference now compared to before the new regulations is that you don't get it upon arrival but have to apply and get it before. This visit-visa is however not the same as the S/B-visa and therefore not extendable.

More info can be found here:
http://www.indonesiskaambassaden.se/

Davo

Jan 4, 2006
Adelaide, Australia

Hi everyone,

Concerning the Sponsers letter.

Can someone please tell me if you can use the same letter every time you extend or renew your visa. Or do you need a new letter at some stage? :roll:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali

My personal experience is that immigration is not consistent in this matter...renewals. Sometimes they ask for a copy of the original sponsor letter, and sometimes they ask for a new original (which should be currently dated). Sometimes they even ask for a new pair of photographs. That’s another advantage of using a firm like Bali Ide to handle your renewals. In my file at their office they have multiple photos of me and my boys, as well as signed but blank company stationery.

Tommy

May 11, 2005

There are some obvious differences in the original sponsor-letter and the ones for extending that one can't ignore. The original sponsor-letter has to say who it is intended for "Indonesian Embassy" and that it is for a "visa-application". The sponsor-letter for extending however should say it's for the "immigration office" and for an "extension". So, they won't be similar in every aspect and what details you write will depend on where you'll take them. I remember the first time i went to the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore with a sponsor-letter that didn't say "di Singapura" (after Kepada Yang Terhormat Kedutaan Besar R.I...). As we had left out "di Singapura" they assumed the letter could be intended for "anywhere" and i had to get a new one faxed over. That was an intresting first experience to say the least and i learned my lesson.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur

I have been using the "same" sponsor letter for more than eight years. Of course it has to be addressed appropriately and dated accordingly - the actual content of it, however, has remained the same.

All I do is cut-n-paste the address and date for each renewal, attach the little materi stamp (currently Rp 6,000 from a post office) and my sponsor signs it. Even my "reason for extending" the visa on the forms is exactly the same every time (ie, "to spend time with my Indonesian wife").

I now have a retirement visa so don't have to go through this process any more.
:lol:

Davo

Jan 4, 2006
Adelaide, Australia

Roy, Tommy and Sanurian. Thanks for the insite and good advice.

It sounds like I need to more carefull than I thought reading of Tommy's experience. Perhaps for the first time i will use an agent.
But knowing me i will give it all ago doing it myself. Got to give it a go hey? lol. whats the worst that can happen......YIKES.

Tommy

May 11, 2005

impressive. i would never get away with that. :shock: