Bali is set to charge foreigners 500% more than locals at hospitals

Subsequently I understand that has been changed and the medical staff sought will only be from Indonesia

I fear Doctors already practicing here on Bali will be moved over to the spanking new facility with all the new equipment. In my experience, the Balinese will always take care of their own before inviting outside Doctors from Java.

I fear Doctors already practicing here on Bali will be moved over to the spanking new facility with all the new equipment. In my experience, the Balinese will always take care of their own before inviting outside Doctors from Java.
The aim and target is all the Indonesian doctors today practicing in Singapore and Malaysia handling Indonesian patients. Indonesia has a shortage of more than 100 000 doctors. End of year World Bank is also "dropping" a few billions to Indonesia to develop hospitals of good standard with the target to reach every regency in Indonesia.

The huge medical facility being completed in Sanur is being done under the direction of the world renowned Mayo Clinic in the US.
I believe Mayo Clinic involvement has been greatly overstated. Here is what Mayo Clinic states themselves:

"Mayo Clinic has stated that it will have no part in the day-to-day running of the government-owned healthcare facility but will only be acting in a consulting capacity. Royston Lek, Mayo Clinic International’s executive Director for the Asia-Pacific Region, told The Jakarta Post the internationally-renowned U.S. hospital was “providing strategic advice and acting as a clinical knowledge partner for its Indonesian counterpart.” Adding, “We’re not running it.”

Reflecting a step-by-step approach by Mayo Clinic, Lek said on Thursday, 16 March 2023, he did not rule out the possibility that may the U.S. clinic eventually expand its medical collaboration with BIH.

Speaking separately, Lek said: “Pertamina Central Hospital [RSPP] is part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, but obviously, Bali International Hospital will become our partner in the future, but we’re currently just doing a consultation with them.”

Bali International Hospital will be owned and operated by PT Pertamedika Indonesia Health Care Corporation, a State-owned company. Part of a large project that will include convalescent centers, retail outlets, a hotel, and a conference center – BIH is slated to open in Q4 2023."

https://balidiscovery.com/mayo-clinic-clarifies-its-role-at-bih/

I believe Mayo Clinic involvement has been greatly overstated. Here is what Mayo Clinic states themselves:

"Mayo Clinic has stated that it will have no part in the day-to-day running of the government-owned healthcare facility but will only be acting in a consulting capacity. Royston Lek, Mayo Clinic International’s executive Director for the Asia-Pacific Region, told The Jakarta Post the internationally-renowned U.S. hospital was “providing strategic advice and acting as a clinical knowledge partner for its Indonesian counterpart.” Adding, “We’re not running it.”

Reflecting a step-by-step approach by Mayo Clinic, Lek said on Thursday, 16 March 2023, he did not rule out the possibility that may the U.S. clinic eventually expand its medical collaboration with BIH.

Speaking separately, Lek said: “Pertamina Central Hospital [RSPP] is part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, but obviously, Bali International Hospital will become our partner in the future, but we’re currently just doing a consultation with them.”

Bali International Hospital will be owned and operated by PT Pertamedika Indonesia Health Care Corporation, a State-owned company. Part of a large project that will include convalescent centers, retail outlets, a hotel, and a conference center – BIH is slated to open in Q4 2023."

https://balidiscovery.com/mayo-clinic-clarifies-its-role-at-bih/
The word "direction" wasn't intended to mean "day to day running".

Back