Australia allows tax deductions for donations to Bali peace park association

balinews

Australia has passed legislation which allows donations made to the Bali Peace Park accociation to be tax detuctible.

Legislation that will allow tax deductions for gifts to the Bali Peace Park Association passed through Federal Parliament today.

The Bali Peace Park Association is seeking to raise funds to acquire the former Sari Club site in Bali and create a garden in memory of the victims of terrorist attacks. The Bali Peace Park Association met with the governor of Bali, Made Mangku Pastika, in Canberra on March 10 to discuss the purchase of the Sari Club site.

Bali Peace Park Association spokesperson Rebecca Britten said declaring any donation, including corporate donations, tax deductible was essential to secure enough funding for a memorial, not just for the 2002 or 2005 terrorist bombings victims, but for all the victims of terrorism.

Read the full story here.

Apa apa

Who owns the land? Do they really want to sell?Who else will profit from the sale of the land ? Does the Peace PArk Assoc have legal entity in Indonesia?
So many questions and so few answers. :icon_rolleyes:

I believe that an Indonesian person from Jakarta owns the land. There were also reports that the owner of the Bounty nightclub leased the land and had plans to build a new nightcblub.

The governor of Bali supports the park. I am not sure who will have ownership of the land if they make a park. Perhaps the Australian foundation will buy or pay for the land and the local government will take ownership.

I believe that an Indonesian person from Jakarta owns the land. There were also reports that the owner of the Bounty nightclub leased the land and had plans to build a new nightcblub.

That is just one guy, Wiranatha, he also owns the old Paddy´s, Bali Advertiser, Hatten Wines, Paradise Airlines & few others. He´s from Negara (at least the people say so and he has a big house near Mendoyo)

http://kabar.in/2009/provinsi-bali/...bombings-building-nightclub-on-bomb-site.html

Back