balibound

Feb 28, 2010
Hi,
We are moving to Bali in May, and think we might like to live in the Seminyak area. Does anyone know how hard it is to find a 12 month rental in this area, and how much we could expect to pay for a one or two bedroom apartment or house? Also what are the normal features of rentals, ie do most come with internet, are most furnished or unfurnished etc? Also does anyone know where we should start looking for a 12 month rental?
Thanks very much, any information you could offer would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
I think it depends with your budget. 12 month stay is quite a long term so it would be wiser to rent a place in a yearly basis so as for you to save some money. I think there are online reservation or contacts in the internet that might offer you a good deal for that kind of terms.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I thought I successfully replied to this yesterday - but it is not there. So here goes a 2nd time more briefly.

The Bali Advertiser lists some - but in the current issue the only one close to you description that lists a price is US$6,000 for 12 months. One feature of rentals in Bali that may surprise you is that you pay the full 12 months in advance. Trying to find properties before you get here is more difficult than searching when you are here. So you may want to consider finding some interim accommodation for the first few weeks.

Lancer786

Feb 26, 2010
$500 a month, much expensive!

is there any flat or something around $100-$200 a month to stay in bali for a month as a tourist?

noodles

Apr 27, 2009
Unhappy in Singapore
is there any flat or something around $100-$200 a month to stay in bali for a month as a tourist?

As per your budget, in south easy to find the "unit"(8-10m2,bedroom+bathroom,without furniture,cold water shower,fan) which close Kuta beach, price up to USD$100-150 per month. Ronb's advise is a normal price in Seminyak area base on 1year rent contract.

Sully

Feb 3, 2010
Oz
Best to go stay in some sort of accommodation and ask around. There are many places to stay and all prices can be negotiable.

Lancer786

Feb 26, 2010
I don't much care about furniture, I just need a hidout at night. noodles, that accomodation will be shared?

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
Wrong answer from noodles

I don’t think is for share. You probably have to share the bathroom.
I think you’ll find it for 200USD or just little bit less/over

Last edited:

Lancer786

Feb 26, 2010
200USD will be good, not much. no problem if i have have to share bathroom but i don't want to share accamodation.

hazman

Mar 8, 2010
hi, just trying to help...there's a lot of house for rent around USD200/month... last time, i was offered for rent some house at kerobokan,seminyak...the place are full furnished (AC, TV, Bathroom with waterheater, Bed, Kitchen), all you have to do just bring your clothes and yourself, and of course the USD200/month...if you need it, PM me, i could give the contact person number...

regards

Hi,
We are moving to Bali in May, and think we might like to live in the Seminyak area. Does anyone know how hard it is to find a 12 month rental in this area, and how much we could expect to pay for a one or two bedroom apartment or house? Also what are the normal features of rentals, ie do most come with internet, are most furnished or unfurnished etc? Also does anyone know where we should start looking for a 12 month rental?
Thanks very much, any information you could offer would be appreciated.

Apartment prices around Kuta my staff managed to collect today but at these prices you can find a reasonable villa in Seminyak for 60-120 mil a year.

Aston at Grand Kuta (Jalan Dewi Sri) = Rp. 147,600,000 / year (room only)
Bali View (Jalan Nakula) = Rp. 4,000,000 / month (no vacancy available) (room only)
Sara Residence = Rp. 15,000,000 / month (room only)
Harris Residences = Rp. 60,000,000 / year (room only)
Bali Kuta Residences = Rp. 18,000,000 / month (room only - without living room) Rp. 21,000,000 (room only - with living room)

Hope this helps,
John