A property agent that you can trust (a top trusted agent in Bali)

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
Hello everyone. My name is Wina Hope. I am a Property Agent here in Bali and I am a native Indonesian who is married to a British man. I recently read on the forum how many of the expats on here have been let down by many of the property agents that they have used when attempting to find property or land to buy or rent. I was very sorry and frustrated to read this, because I know the standards that I set for myself in dealing with clients and owners. When I am providing a service to my clients, I am doing my best for them throughout the process, ensuring that they are treated fairly and given help in completing the transaction process with professional people. If you are buying or looking to find a place to rent, you can tell me your budget and preferred location, and I will find places for you to view. If you reach the point of making a deal, and need help finding the right notary, I can do that for you. I aim to make sure that everyone is left satisfied and well treated throughout the process. I have concluded many successful deals and was recently named the number 1 Property Agent in Bali for the company which I work with. So, if you are looking for property or land in Bali, please feel free to contact me on +628123608839 without any obligation and I will prove to you that there are decent helpful agents willing to help you receive a good service.

Reactions: sakumabali

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Hello everyone. My name is Wina Hope. I am a Property Agent here in Bali and I am a native Indonesian who is married to a British man. I recently read on the forum how many of the expats on here have been let down by many of the property agents that they have used when attempting to find property or land to buy or rent. I was very sorry and frustrated to read this, because I know the standards that I set for myself in dealing with clients and owners. When I am providing a service to my clients, I am doing my best for them throughout the process, ensuring that they are treated fairly and given help in completing the transaction process with professional people. If you are buying or looking to find a place to rent, you can tell me your budget and preferred location, and I will find places for you to view. If you reach the point of making a deal, and need help finding the right notary, I can do that for you. I aim to make sure that everyone is left satisfied and well treated throughout the process. I have concluded many successful deals and was recently named the number 1 Property Agent in Bali for the company which I work with. So, if you are looking for property or land in Bali, please feel free to contact me on +628123608839 without any obligation and I will prove to you that there are decent helpful agents willing to help you receive a good service.
Moderator ,This is a blatant advertisement ,it should not be in the forum , this island is full of dodgy brokers trying to sell or rent poorly built houses , Iv lived in better property in somalia and eritrea , which dont fall down on a regular basis and need monster renovations every few years .

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
Moderator ,This is a blatant advertisement ,it should not be in the forum , this island is full of dodgy brokers trying to sell or rent poorly built houses , Iv lived in better property in somalia and eritrea , which dont fall down on a regular basis and need monster renovations every few years .
With respect to you, this is exactly the reason why I posted. There are a lot of bad agents who let people down. I am determined to prove there are also agents such as myself who seek to treat clients with respect and ensuring that they only buy quality properties. I only deal with villas and houses which would be considered of a good enough standard to be sold in somewhere such as the UK or Australia. I also deal with hotels and land development. I always reject the opportunity to represent anything that I consider to be substandard property. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss it further.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Are there any properties here with a 50 year guarantee as in the uk , your joking ya , the guarantee here only lasts as long as the contractor can pack up his stuff and jump a boat to java , be serious ya .

Why would anyone buy junk overpriced property , with no internationally accepted standards of construction ,really come on ! ,

• Angry
Reactions: RossM and SquarePeg

harryopal

May 5, 2016
With respect to you, this is exactly the reason why I posted. There are a lot of bad agents who let people down. I am determined to prove there are also agents such as myself who seek to treat clients with respect and ensuring that they only buy quality properties. I only deal with villas and houses which would be considered of a good enough standard to be sold in somewhere such as the UK or Australia. I also deal with hotels and land development. I always reject the opportunity to represent anything that I consider to be substandard property. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss it further.
While you are here, with rentals what is the usual arrangement regarding maintenance. Is it generally accepted that it is the owner's responsibility, the tenant's bad luck or pretty much up to the individual agreements? With the high humidity, termites, poor quality, Chinese made door locks, plumbing fixtures and whatever there is forever something needing fixing.

Reactions: RossM and tel522

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Wina as you've probably gathered this may not be your ideal target group as most of us already have houses BUT it would go a long way towards wining the trust of any future clients if you had a reference list of (bule) past happy customers that any prospective new customers could contact as ask about their experiences with your service.

As to repair and renovation I built my own place here with western standards and I'm still repairing and renovating on a continuing basis - it's the climate I'm sure. Electrics and exteriors are eaten by water and interiors by fungus. Let's not even mention earthquakes and bugs...

Rental repairs in my experience are quite easy - if it's the substance of the property(wood, painting, walls, fixtures, water supply, etc.) and not caused directly by the rentor(broken windows, destroyed fixtures - heavy handed) then it's up to the owner to fix. Furniture and electrical stuff (mixers, tvs and lights) are open to agreement.

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
While you are here, with rentals what is the usual arrangement regarding maintenance. Is it generally accepted that it is the owner's responsibility, the tenant's bad luck or pretty much up to the individual agreements? With the high humidity, termites, poor quality, Chinese made door locks, plumbing fixtures and whatever there is forever something needing fixing.
With the properties that I deal with for rental, it is always the policy that the prospective tenant and the landlord must reach an agreement on maintenance responsibility before signing the tenancy and this must be put down in a legally binding contract. I tend to only deal with longer term tenancies (at least a year, occasionally only 6 months) and these agreements must be clearly fixed between the parties before proceeding. Maintenance, as you have clearly outlined, is always an issue so if people start tenancies without a fixed agreement then I would say they are being very unwise.

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
Hey Wina as you've probably gathered this may not be your ideal target group as most of us already have houses BUT it would go a long way towards wining the trust of any future clients if you had a reference list of (bule) past happy customers that any prospective new customers could contact as ask about their experiences with your service.

As to repair and renovation I built my own place here with western standards and I'm still repairing and renovating on a continuing basis - it's the climate I'm sure. Electrics and exteriors are eaten by water and interiors by fungus. Let's not even mention earthquakes and bugs...

Rental repairs in my experience are quite easy - if it's the substance of the property(wood, painting, walls, fixtures, water supply, etc.) and not caused directly by the rentor(broken windows, destroyed fixtures - heavy handed) then it's up to the owner to fix. Furniture and electrical stuff (mixers, tvs and lights) are open to agreement.
I didn't come on here to specifically tout for business, but to offer decent customer service to anyone who does need an agent to look after them. I work between owners and buyers so if someone has a house they are wishing to sell. I am also able to assist. In terms of a list of 'bule' customers satisfied with their experience of using my services, yes I certainly do. Out of respect to their privacy, I am not going to provide their contact details on this forum but I can put you in contact with any of them if you contact me privately on Whatsapp.

Reactions: meerkat

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
Are there any properties here with a 50 year guarantee as in the uk , your joking ya , the guarantee here only lasts as long as the contractor can pack up his stuff and jump a boat to java , be serious ya .

Why would anyone buy junk overpriced property , with no internationally accepted standards of construction ,really come on ! ,
It's perfectly true that there are not the same building certification standards in Indonesia as there are in places such as the UK. That is something which I would love to see change. That is a matter for politicians to deal with. I always visit a property before I am willing to endorse it or act on behalf of an owner to find a buyer. I will not put my name to any property which is any state of disrepair or poorly built. I always advise those owners that they must provide some renovation first or accept a much lower price, and I would make it clear to the buyer that these problems exist on the site. I usually deal with higher standards of villas which sell to bule for several billion rupiah. As for being overpriced, a good villa in Bali might be somewhere between 3 and 5 billion IDR (£180,000 - £300,000). The equivalent property in the UK would be closer to £700,000 - £1,000,000. There are some bargains to be had for people coming here to invest, live, or retire.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
My 2 cents. Last villa owner wanted me to take responsibility and cost for all maintenance, repair and maintenance of villa and facilities after the initial 3 months "warranty period". I declined so I wrote the maintenance part myself for the lease agreement and my approach was accepted.

Basically the idea is that the owner (landlord) takes care of repair and replacement, while I take care of routine maintenance of things we are directly using or interfacing with.

Maintenance

Before TENANT is ready to move-in: LANDLORD is responsible for cost of service, repair and replacement of all property facilities (such as roof, pool pump, water pump, air-condition, electric heater, refrigerator, cooker & hood, electrical facilities and wiring, water supply, plumbing, sewage, windows and door locks) – in order to present villa property in good order and habitable for the TENANT.

2. During rental period: LANDLORD is responsible for cost of repair or replacement of property facilities
(such as structural elements, roof tiles, pool pump, water pump, air-condition, electric water heater, refrigerator, cooker & hood, electrical facilities and wiring, water supply, plumbing, window and door locks) -- unless failure is caused by TENANT improper use or lack of routine maintenance.

If TENANT caused the failure by improper use or lack of routine maintenance, then TENANT shall cover the costs of repair and replacement.

3. During rental period : TENANT is responsible for routine maintenance of pool pump, water pump, air-conditioner, gas cooker and hood, refrigerator, bathroom shower heads, faucets, toilet and furniture to keep facilities in good and safe working order. Maintenance shall be done at least every six months and keep proof payment of maintenance. TENANT shall not be entitled to reimburse the expenses for routine maintenance.

4. During rental period : TENANT shall inspect and clean property regularly and report to LANDLORD any items that need repair or replacement

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Good luck with business @Wina Real estate is a tough business to do in Bali. Basically, everyone is an agent in Bali, including many expats. It can also be very frustrating as my wife also tried it when we first moved to Bali. Many times my wife would show a property to a client and then they would go behind her back and arrange the sale without her knowing to avoid paying her commission. You get a sale and all of these people would come out of the woodwork claiming their share of the commission.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
It's perfectly true that there are not the same building certification standards in Indonesia as there are in places such as the UK. That is something which I would love to see change. That is a matter for politicians to deal with. I always visit a property before I am willing to endorse it or act on behalf of an owner to find a buyer. I will not put my name to any property which is any state of disrepair or poorly built. I always advise those owners that they must provide some renovation first or accept a much lower price, and I would make it clear to the buyer that these problems exist on the site. I usually deal with higher standards of villas which sell to bule for several billion rupiah. As for being overpriced, a good villa in Bali might be somewhere between 3 and 5 billion IDR (£180,000 - £300,000). The equivalent property in the UK would be closer to £700,000 - £1,000,000. There are some bargains to be had for people coming here to invest, live, or retire.
With respect you are not a building surveyor so you cannot certify a house , whatever it costs ,its irrelevant .

If the poorly educated people in sub saharan africa can build a substantial house which does not leak ,no damp ,needs painting every couple of years thats about it ,what the hell went on here ?

however many billions you pay for the junk property on these islands ,its still rubbish construction even by somali standards .

Reactions: britoo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
With respect you are not a building surveyor so you cannot certify a house , whatever it costs ,its irrelevant .

If the poorly educated people in sub saharan africa can build a substantial house which does not leak ,no damp ,needs painting every couple of years thats about it ,what the hell went on here ?

however many billions you pay for the junk property on these islands ,its still rubbish construction even by somali standards .
Yeah if you built a fecking igloo from ice here it probably wouldn't last as long as it would in the Arctic, I wonder why? Must be the way those clever Inuits build?

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
As for being overpriced, a good villa in Bali might be somewhere between 3 and 5 billion IDR (£180,000 - £300,000). The equivalent property in the UK would be closer to £700,000 - £1,000,000.
In my opinion this is not true or at best an apples to oranges comparison. If you mean because someone dug a hole in the garden and called it a pool well good luck - there's about 2.3 days per year (made up statistic) in the UK when you can actually use your outdoor pool so having one is more of a braggin' rights thing - it's certainly not practical.

If you mean because it's called a "villa", well even the romans said sod this ito the UK's shit weather and dark winters and went back home about a thousand years ago = to their underfloor heating, baths, aqauducts and mind blowing technology!

If your using London prices, then newsflash 75% of the UK isn't in London by population and so much more by land area!

The average house in the UK is now about 300k and as I pointed out to my previous landlord after the boundary wall fell down on a balmy summer evening on a 1-year old property, I'm still waiting for the wall of my 100-year old cottage to fall down. No rebar, not even cement - god bless lime!

And did I mention PPP?

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
My 2 cents. Last villa owner wanted me to take responsibility and cost for all maintenance, repair and maintenance of villa and facilities after the initial 3 months "warranty period". I declined so I wrote the maintenance part myself for the lease agreement and my approach was accepted.

Basically the idea is that the owner (landlord) takes care of repair and replacement, while I take care of routine maintenance of things we are directly using or interfacing with.

Maintenance

Before TENANT is ready to move-in: LANDLORD is responsible for cost of service, repair and replacement of all property facilities (such as roof, pool pump, water pump, air-condition, electric heater, refrigerator, cooker & hood, electrical facilities and wiring, water supply, plumbing, sewage, windows and door locks) – in order to present villa property in good order and habitable for the TENANT.

2. During rental period: LANDLORD is responsible for cost of repair or replacement of property facilities
(such as structural elements, roof tiles, pool pump, water pump, air-condition, electric water heater, refrigerator, cooker & hood, electrical facilities and wiring, water supply, plumbing, window and door locks) -- unless failure is caused by TENANT improper use or lack of routine maintenance.

If TENANT caused the failure by improper use or lack of routine maintenance, then TENANT shall cover the costs of repair and replacement.

3. During rental period : TENANT is responsible for routine maintenance of pool pump, water pump, air-conditioner, gas cooker and hood, refrigerator, bathroom shower heads, faucets, toilet and furniture to keep facilities in good and safe working order. Maintenance shall be done at least every six months and keep proof payment of maintenance. TENANT shall not be entitled to reimburse the expenses for routine maintenance.

4. During rental period : TENANT shall inspect and clean property regularly and report to LANDLORD any items that need repair or replacement
spot on - but only if its written in Indonesian - otherwise it's very expensive toilet paper

Reactions: tel522

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
spot on - but only if its written in Indonesian - otherwise it's very expensive toilet paper
Correct. Mine is in dual language (translated from English into Indonesian) and signed over Rp 10,000 stamps as required.

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
In my opinion this is not true or at best an apples to oranges comparison. If you mean because someone dug a hole in the garden and called it a pool well good luck - there's about 2.3 days per year (made up statistic) in the UK when you can actually use your outdoor pool so having one is more of a braggin' rights thing - it's certainly not practical.

If you mean because it's called a "villa", well even the romans said sod this ito the UK's shit weather and dark winters and went back home about a thousand years ago = to their underfloor heating, baths, aqauducts and mind blowing technology!

If your using London prices, then newsflash 75% of the UK isn't in London by population and so much more by land area!

The average house in the UK is now about 300k and as I pointed out to my previous landlord after the boundary wall fell down on a balmy summer evening on a 1-year old property, I'm still waiting for the wall of my 100-year old cottage to fall down. No rebar, not even cement - god bless lime!

And did I mention PPP?
Yes, the average houses in the UK are now around £300,000, but the villas that are sold in Bali, particularly the beachfront villas, would be worth £1,000,000 if you built them in the UK - especially if they were being built in places such as Devon, Cornwall or the South Coast of England which are the most similar to Bali in terms of being a holiday location. These beachfront villas come with marble floors, a swimming pool and immaculate internal rooms as good as anything you would see in Europe, but at a significantly lesser price. I suggest you come and view such a villa, and you may have a very changed opinion on their quality. Standards of new properties in Bali are dramatically rising, not least because developers have finally understood that international buyers won't accept some of the poorer homes that were being built previously, and that can only be a good thing.

Reactions: SquarePeg

Wina

Nov 27, 2022

I wasn't talking about certifying it. I was saying that I will not advertise a sale for a property which I consider to be substandard or in a state of disrepair. I will only represent an owner who is selling if it is in excellent condition (or else I inform both the seller and the potential buyers to negotiate a much lower price). I never hide the faults on a property from a buyer. If the owner does not accept this, I will not represent them. I am in the fortunate position of being able to pick and choose which properties to accept instruction on because so many people want my services. It's as simple as that.

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
Yes, the average houses in the UK are now around £300,000, but the villas that are sold in Bali, particularly the beachfront villas, would be worth £1,000,000 if you built them in the UK - especially if they were being built in places such as Devon, Cornwall or the South Coast of England which are the most similar to Bali in terms of being a holiday location. These beachfront villas come with marble floors, a swimming pool and immaculate internal rooms as good as anything you would see in Europe, but at a significantly lesser price. I suggest you come and view such a villa, and you may have a very changed opinion on their quality. Standards of new properties in Bali are dramatically rising, not least because developers have finally understood that international buyers won't accept some of the poorer homes that were being built previously, and that can only be a good thing.
LOL

Reactions: tel522

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I wasn't talking about certifying it. I was saying that I will not advertise a sale for a property which I consider to be substandard or in a state of disrepair. I will only represent an owner who is selling if it is in excellent condition (or else I inform both the seller and the potential buyers to negotiate a much lower price). I never hide the faults on a property from a buyer. If the owner does not accept this, I will not represent them. I am in the fortunate position of being able to pick and choose which properties to accept instruction on because so many people want my services. It's as simple as that.
You have no qualifications as a building surveyor , so how can you advertise a property which you dont know what condition it is in ,except you like the colour , this is a nation where "porky pies" is normal speak for many ,like most of asia , a seller is never going to tell you any of the faults with construction ,materials , documentation and "god knows what else" , so therefore you and 5 million other so called "unqualified brokers" cannot represent in reality the building . "caveat emptor " Imho.

Last edited: