A nasty view of Dps river in the dry season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Re: RE: A nasty view of Dps river in the dry season..

Tommy said:
i for one never expect anyone to be happy or optimistic all the time and don't have a problem with a bit of pessimism....
Agree Tommy, we all have bad days and sometimes don't feel so optimistic about the world in general and no, I also don't wish to see this forum turn into another syrupy "we all love Bali... Bali is paradise" venue.

It just seems to me that lately, Sanurian has been expressing some very cynical views regarding Bali/Indonesia which got me thinking "why does he continue to stay there?". :?

Maybe he's just not happy chappy at present. :?:

Tommy

May 11, 2005
i can't really speculate why he puts it the way he does, but it's ok. :wink: My fiancee frequently tells "it" to expats who come over the restaurant and complain about this&that. Apparently there are quite alot of expats in bali who enjoy full conversations of pessimism and bali this bali that... so my fiancee simply and honestly tell them "if you don't like it .. move!". :lol: and i totally agree.

jill

Jul 30, 2005
Alexandra new zealand
come on guys lets not pick on poor Sanurian. so he had a bad day! who dosn't
may be he got told of for bad spelling LoL :lol:
As for the mess in Bali it can & will be done with small steps ...
iv seen it in NZ & OZ , ha & the police can fine folk for rubbishing yet another way to make money LoL :lol:
I no it's hudge but it can be done ,just be pos & do your bit talk to many & get them to help ... & so the story go's

Tommy

May 11, 2005
i'm not trying to pick on sanurian. i like his posts since they always provide an intresting perspective and view on things. :wink:

jill

Jul 30, 2005
Alexandra new zealand
Hay Kawika
who ? Tommy, Sanur, Roy all of the above?
ha Tommy I no you not pick on Sanurian . He does put up a good fight though ha .
Come on Sanur do tell more

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
I have an advantage in that I personally know “Sanurian.” As with all forums, the real essence of one’s personality can only be partially conveyed. He is a good man, and has for years been giving back to Bali what Bali gives to him.

True enough, we all have good days, and bad days, and while we live in paradise, this certainty is certain. OK, so now I’ll do a “Bert” and say….that’s it.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Is this a problem most folks have from NZ....i.e. a problem with English? What you suggested I should say is exactly what I said. :D

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
I'm still confused, but that's alright. Most of those I know wander about daily in a similar state. :shock:

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I really cannot understand the last posting Jill.

"may be your confused becouse you rolling you ready & waiting nippls & reading the forum at the same time
you no men carn't multy task "

Care to explain

Tommy

May 11, 2005
She's sayin' (as joke of course) that Roy's confused coz he's rollin' his nipples(ref. previous posts) at the same time as he's writing in the forum and the confusion is a result of men not being able to do multi-tasking (ref.Win 95). Didn't you read the previous posts Jimbo? :)

Tommy

May 11, 2005
ah yeah, and the reference would be to the previous posts in the topic "Hi Bert it's me Tracey..." ;)

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Fine Tommy,

so you will care for translating Jill's posts?
I would appreciate this, because I have difficulties too in reading them or even to extract the sense sometimes (in case there is one)

regards
Thorsten

Tommy

May 11, 2005
Jimbo obviously didn't read the "Hi Bert it's me Tracey..."-post and didn't see the connection so i clairified it. I don't think it's very nice of you guys to sit on your arses complaining and correcting Jill all the time. If she doesn't want to use Word Spell-Check or take your advices how long are you gonna continue nagging? English may be an international language, but it's only officially spoken in a handfull of our about 193 countries in the world. Don't expect everyone to be perfect at it or even like it. You've made your point once and that's enough! :roll:

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
If she doesn't want to use Word Spell-Check or take your advices how long are you gonna continue nagging?

As long as it takes. She simply has to improve on her writing. I sometimes edit her posts, but when I don't have the time, I will simply delete them.

I am sorry for Jill, but she has to put some effort in it. I understand a Balinese girl living in France and writing in English has some problems, but if a native? English speaker makes reading difficult because she doesn't know the difference between "no" and "know" ?? Or is this simple laziness???

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
English may be an international language, but it's only officially spoken in a handfull of our about 193 countries in the world. Don't expect everyone to be perfect at it or even like it.
Right Tommy, it's not ofically or even very much used in MY country, so I would never dare to complain or correct others due this,but indeed it's the oficial language in New Zealand and Jill does'nt look like a Maori to me, so I think we could at least expect, that she will put a little bit of effort in it, to make her posts at least understandable, or?

And by the way, I don't sit on my arse complaining and correcting Jill all the time!
Neither I have time to do so, nor any interest in it!

best regards
Thorsten

Tommy

May 11, 2005
Well that's all good then Thorsten, coz you sure gave that impression. Germany isn't exactly famous for fluent speaking English so you should know, as mentioned.

Pak bert....

"As long as it takes. She simply has to improve on her writing. I sometimes edit her posts, but when I don't have the time, I will simply delete them. "

aduh! sombongnyaaa...

we all have flaws and there's no need to rub it in(ref.traceys nipples).

Status
Not open for further replies.