IMB

Jan Roelofs

Jan 6, 2018
jakarta
We have a piece of land, want to build, but first need the IMB. Anyone experience with this?
Need a good drawing of the house, and info about the land ownership.
How long does it take? I hear from weeks up to a year??
Who can help, an agence or ...?
to

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Will differ by Regency. I've not done it myself but know it is often done during or even after the building.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hey Jan IMB is a headache on Bali. I've built more than a dozen of houses on Bali and at least got one time fu**ed by an official when I hand over lots of dosh for a IMB permit which in the end was Rumah TInggal and not Pondok Wisata! Lost 135 million...after years I found a nice and reliable (well as much as it gets) guy who is an ex government official. I don't want anything. He just speaks bahasa. So if let me know I'll give you his contacts. Cheers

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Land is at Tampaksiring, so must be region Gianyar. Any help? How long can it take?
Friends nearby Tampaksiring got their IMB and Pondok Wisata in about six months. For just the IMB, I understand that four to six months is the norm.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Thanks Mark, did they salso had local help? And what about costs, any idea?
They had local help but we were later told by the Klian Banjar that they were probably taken for a ride in terms of cost as they paid around 200 juta to a 'consultant' to get them the certificate. If you do it by yourself and have all the correct documents and drawings, perhaps getting some assistance from a local to help with the application and getting the no objection letters from your neighbours, we are told it shouldn't cost more than 10 juta, all in.

Jan Roelofs

Jan 6, 2018
jakarta
Thanks Mark, we go for the last option mentioned. Any suggestions around drawings of the house? How formal do they have to be? and who an help?
Hope to get the formal signed papers for the land this month.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Thanks Mark, we go for the last option mentioned. Any suggestions around drawings of the house? How formal do they have to be? and who an help?
Hope to get the formal signed papers for the land this month.
I can't help you with that, perhaps your architect or contractor can advise on this. Btw, the following is a list of the docs that I understand are required for an IMB application:

– Copy of land certificate including the relevant survey plan

– Copy of owner’s ID Card (KTP)

– Copy of paid land tax bill

– IMB drawings (Drawings of the Buildings that must comply with local building regulations)

– Bill of quantity / Cost Estimate

– Approval signature (no objection) from neighbors including copy of their KTP.

– Recommendation signature from Klian Banjar

– Recommendation signature from Kepala Desa

– Recommendation signature from Camat (Head of District)

– Correct land use permit (zoning) for the building that is planned

Jan Roelofs

Jan 6, 2018
jakarta
Hi Mark, thanks again.
Will use the list.
What do you mean by Survey plaN? Translation to Dutch does not mean anything to me.
And Do you have examples of the documents I can reuse??
And Zoning information i have to get at the IMB office at Gianyar?
Jan.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Hi Mark, thanks again.
Will use the list.
What do you mean by Survey plaN? Translation to Dutch does not mean anything to me.
And Do you have examples of the documents I can reuse??
And Zoning information i have to get at the IMB office at Gianyar?
Jan.
Hi Jan, the survey plan is a document that is usually found with the certificate documents and shows the boundaries of the property and references its coordinates. It is also called the Peta Bidang Tanah in Indonesian (google this term and you will see examples). I do not have any examples of the other documents you need to use but you should be able to get these from the relevant office in Gianyar. The zoning information for the property should be there as well. Do note that if the property is currently rural, and I'm guessing that as it is in Tampaksiring it probably is, you may need to change the land use to permit construction of a residential dwelling. For example, our property was originally zoned as 'Kebun Campuran' (mixed garden), and had to be changed to 'Perumahan' to allow for a residential building. We had this done as a condition of the purchase, so I can't give you any information on how long it will take if you need to do it. Hopefully, though, the property is not in a designated 'green belt' or too close to a temple which may make it not possible to get a zoning change.

Jan Roelofs

Jan 6, 2018
jakarta
Mark, any idea about total coss for requiring the IMB?
-IMB at THE office in Gianyar
-Banyar and others?
-somebody to take are of all signings and procedure?
-Architectural papers?
No more?

SCR26

Sep 13, 2016
Mark, any idea about total coss for requiring the IMB?
-IMB at THE office in Gianyar
-Banyar and others?
-somebody to take are of all signings and procedure?
-Architectural papers?
No more?

All this can be answered by local contractor as they will help you get the IMB. (The drawing part should be free as it part of their service).
Just pay attention to what Mark said, make sure its not in "green belt". There no way you could build in that zone area.