Yoga and meditation

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Scott, where in Bali do you plan on staying? One tip, once here, pic up a copy of the Bali Advertiser...it's free and available all over Bali. You will find many adds and articles relating to Yoga and meditation centers there.

lizzied

Jul 30, 2004
Queensland, AUST
I'm a qualified yoga teacher and would be more than happy to give you daily private instruction for the low price of an airfair from Australia to Bali!

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hmmmm, I pay my current Yoga Guru Rp 50,000 an hour....for private sessions, (wife and I both) in our home. You're a whole lot "better on the eyes" than Made...so will this improve my breathing and concentration? :shock:

Not to worry, my wife has a great sense of humor, and didn't expect me to go blind after I married her! :D

Scott Brazwell

Sep 25, 2004
Los Angeles
'Thanks for the recommendations. We will be statying in Ubud. Want to study meditation and yoga, as well s stat to learn the language the month that we are there. Appreciate the offer to fly over. We would ike to find some one local for longer tem work

Roy, would you recommend the person you are working with now?

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hi Scott,

Yes my guy would be great if he's available. He is really in demand. I'll ask him how February is looking right now for him.

Scott...by any chance did you ever work for the Prudential in the US, like back in the early 80's?

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
Hey guys
I'm also looking for someone to teach me yoga. I'm in Denpasar, and I've alrady studied Ashtanga yoga. Is that the kind they mainly do here? I think it's the one that the Hindu's are into, so it's probably the most common one in Bali. Anyhow, i'd really like to find good guru!
Cassienne

Jen

Apr 17, 2004
Sydney
Cassienne

Take a look at Krakatoa Cafe in Seminyak. Loads of information on
the Bulletin Board.

lizzied

Jul 30, 2004
Queensland, AUST
hehehe... that's funny... Quick yoga history lesson for those interested... hinduism and yoga are inexticably linked and astanga is a relatively new concept, 'bout 20 years actually (the yoga we call astanga anyway). Most of the people who practice yoga (which by the way means union and is about a whole lot more than just the excercises most people think of) as a traditional practice, practice what is known outside India as hatha yoga. Both astanga and iyengar yoga come from a hatha background (the guys who came up with it even had the same teacher!). I reckon you should just find a teacher and a style you like and go with that... after all, thats kinda the whole idea...

so, back to my original post... send me an airfare and I'm happy to teach you what ever you want to know! :lol: