Where to live in Bali ?

homeinbali

Apr 3, 2007
Western Australia
Yes thanks Dug, good advice. We certainly will be looking to learning about the area we choose and hopefully not tread on anybodies toes. Bedugal was quite a bit cooler last time we visited that area and I can say that was one of the reasons that we crossed it off the list, did like the scenery though.

jogry blok

Sep 28, 2005
Dencarick
For me bedugal is too cold. We live on a 17 are property so the neighbours are not too close. We have only less than a handful of friends, we too like our privacy. The friends we having are what we call REAL FRIENDS.

homeinbali

Apr 3, 2007
Western Australia
Jogry Blok, 17 are that's just under 1/2 an acre. Would love a piece that size, we have 3 acres now in Perth, a little large for what we need but it was a good investment at the time. Can't wait to get over there in 2 weeks and start looking around again, hope to find that little special place. Maybe build then within the year.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
homeinbali,

My (late) decision not to settle in Bali was made on purely personal reasons, nothing to do with Bali itself or its people, although the present Bali no longer attracts me like it did as recently as 5 years ago. :(

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang
You're wellkomen (saw a cool German flick last night :)) Home! Yes I rented, and would strongly advise anyone looking to relocate to do the same - I have many differing wants, don't wants, and loves about the Island that I didn't have before. I don't think your neighbors will care if your here for 1 day or for ever, it's always one day at a time.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
homeinbali,

I second DCC regarding renting your first home in Bali iso building right away. If you are like me, I find that I had very little personal possessions while in my house in Bali, compared with what I carry in my house in the US (and I did not miss any of the junk). So, a move or two around Bali should be no problem, certainly orders of magnitude less complicated than your move Australia - Bali.

Garam

Aug 2, 2007
Sidakarya
Hi everybody

We still live in Switzerland. But a couple years ago we bought some tanah and build a house in Sidakarya. Sidakarya is ideal for us because it takes us not a long ride to Sanur, Denpassar, Kuta, airport and so on. It is outside from crowded but in the center of the most places we normally "hang around". There still exists a lot of padi around that area and the traffic is still not worse.

We do also know the place Daniel explained (Tabanan, Pasut beach). It is really quiet and beautiful over there. You guys should visit the place once. As I know there are some flats for sale. There is a little warung just on the beach. I would suggest to "homeinbali" getting information over there about the situation if he is interested in that area. Anyway where ever you want to live - Just make always sure, there is no chicken farm close by… :)

SunFlower

Aug 24, 2007
Singapore - Bali
Hi..
We just bought a piece of land in Jimbaran, right on the cliff overlook to Jimbaran beach and benoa, it's located after Ritz hotel..very happy to found this land as it's still close to everywhere (especially our son's school) but yet so quiet because we face empty space/valey in front of us..
We plan to start building end of this year, whole the planning and designing are very exciting, can't wait move back to Bali next year......................

CAP

Jun 9, 2006
Australia
Ive been looking at this link and find it interesting,not because of he location thing but purely I ask myself "WHY" and the reason I do ask myself is cause and as a few of you know Ive moved back to Aus after 8 years in Indo,(reasons being to get sorted in a few areas) .Ok why do I feel like a fish out of water is maybe the same reason all you people want to go live in Bali.........Lets face it Bali is stunning in more ways than one but at the end of the day........its the people that make us like the place.....Living in Aus for us now is nothing short of weird,I mean how big a 4 wheel drive and what type of big boat do you need before they can mange a smile........my opinion is the West has lost the plot about what life is about......and that Bali or Indonesian people in general hav"nt.
To me life is shareing and careing for one another,not putting shit on one another if we dont have the fruit.....and all this second generation disfuntional hangup crap that is in the west now is b...s.....
Drugs, pedofiles,hoons,,,,,,,,,,shit man .......take me home for a Kopi and kretek

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Mmm, kretek.. I quit smoking last year but would give my left leg for a kretek if it came with the assurance of no lung cancer..

:( missing my good ol GG's..

Ct