Where are the good hairdressers in Bali?

roadrunna

Apr 6, 2005
Germany
Actually, I'm looking for a good and reasonable hairdresser in the Kuta region. Do you have any suggestions or experiences you could share?

dave gede

Feb 10, 2007
adelaide
Hi roadrunna my wife to be is a hairdresser and has worked for many years at a salon called Arie&harry in istana kuta galeria she no longer works there as we are in Australia and are doing the visa stuff it is not cheap by Bali standards but very cheap compared to home they are able to do any hair+treatments i hope this helps and is not seen as an add as i have no intrest in the above establishment other than my partners previous work place.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I've also visited Arie & Harry's in Kuta Istana Galleria in Jl. Patih Jelantik (not to be confused with Bali Galleria). I agree that although it's a little more expensive than the local salons, both the standard and the service are fabulous.

roadrunna

Apr 6, 2005
Germany
Thank you both dave and matsaleh for your quick response so far. How much is a little more expensive than local salons. What is a approx. rate for female, male and tenie customers?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Can't remember exactly roadrunna, but from memory, I think it was about Rp100K for a ladies style cut, including wash, scalp massage and blowdry. Rates for men are a little cheaper.

The same service at a local salon in the Kuta/Legian area would be in the vicinity of Rp30-50K.

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
Ok, I just now for men haircut its about 8000 - 10.000 in a local salon. Last week I went to a salon in Carrefour it was 25.000 including washing and cuting. So, its not worth about asking for a reasonable price, its just between 80 ct (local salon) and 2€ (expensive salon) :). So even the expensive salons are much more cheaper than any salon in Germany, isn't it?

Werner

roadrunna

Apr 6, 2005
Germany
Hello wepro, you are so right. My wife is paying 160 EUR for washing, coloring, cutting and blowing. I got to pay 25 EUR - no coloring requested yet ;-)

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Re: RE: Where are the good hairdressers in Bali?

matsaleh said:
Bert said:
5000 rupiah, in Singaraja :)

For you, maybe. What does Dewi pay for a wash, cut and blow dry in Singaraja?

If she goes to the "Salon" only cutting is 15.000

Hair wash and dry = extra 5.000

Hair Cream bath = extra 20-45.000

Facial treatment = extra 30-65.000 rupiah

From first hand :)

roadrunna

Apr 6, 2005
Germany
Uhm Bert, when you say that you dry your hair while riding your bike then you have to admit that your ride without a helmet. That costs me 50.000 IDR last month... :) So blowdrying in the salon is cheaper then. lol

dave gede

Feb 10, 2007
adelaide
Well not to buy into this to much further but my partner points out the use of products make the price vary dramatically eg. kerastace( not sure of the spelling )or L`oreal vs generic home brand or local version so to the average male big deal give the girls some time off make sure they have enough money go and do your thing while she is being pampered all the better later, but of course we should notice the changes or suffer the fallout .

nomad4ever

Jan 2, 2007
Bali
On the last floor of Ramayana in DPS (opposite RIMO) there is a Salon charging Rp.9000 for a standard haircut. Fair enough for me every 3-4 weeks; takes only 10 minutes with the machine. ;-)

My fiancee pefers Yoppie's though, you can find several outlets near Bintang, Ramayana or most big shopping centers in Bali...