Welcome Ibu Eri

pooochie

Aug 8, 2005
UK
Selamat datang di forum ini!

I am at work at the moment, I can't write much :( . Perhaps tonight :wink: .

Salam kenal
Ni Luh

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Sial! I just signed her up...and thought that would be a good first step to get her here. Anyway, before I complete the entire process, what do you and Kadek think of this for her pic?

http://www.sundream.com/~majapahit/images/Eri.jpg

While we've talked about this, (Eri and I), I'm taking matters into my own hands...to be sure she joins. Bad man? Or loving man? I don't know. But it's very Balinese, (on my part), so she can't object too much. :D

A few more encouraging posts like yours Ni Luh, then I can sit her down, (and she's great on the computer), and show her the....how do the French call it?....Fait acomplee, or something like that? :D

Otherwise, she'll grab one of my many kris, and that will be that! :shock:

Eri

Dec 15, 2005
Ubud, Bali
Well, I tried, but got this BS:

The avatar image file size must be less than 6 KB

HUH? I can't reduce my wife to a measly 6 kilobites!

Cheap, tight as bark to a tree Belanda! :D :D :D :D

Just kidding, but that is VERY, VERY tiny, nes pas? No wonder I thought Jimbo was wearing a sock on his head, (his old pic) and not a construction hat. Come on Bert!

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
Welcome Eri :D

Your picture looks very nice.

Roy: I got the same problem as you. I used Paint Shop Pro free download to do pooochie's pic, it's very good at reducing colour depth etc. to get the files size down without losing quality.

Eri: I Hope you will help keep everyone in their place.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Roy, try taking the original image and re-saving it as a "gif" file instead of a "jpg" and then reduce the size of the gif.

You should be able to retain more clarity (and less of the grainy look) in the reduction.

Eri

Dec 15, 2005
Ubud, Bali
OK, I'll try that, otherwise, get your magnifying glasses out! I'm good with Adobe, but I never use gif file formats...so I guess I'll have to learn, or my wife will look smaller than gecko poop...which will not make her very happy! :shock:

Tommy

May 11, 2005
Welcome Bu Eri (Roy :) )

I edited the first picture you had in photoshop with maximum size and minimun compression (just below 6kb). If it looks satisfactory just download it on your harddrive and upload it in the profile.

eri.jpg

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Hi Tommy,

funny that, just right now, I've send an edited avatar to Roy by email, maybe he is bombed now with Eri's images :shock:

So you see, dear Eri, everybody is looking forward to your entry on this forum!
So welcome on board and curious regarding your first posting here!

best regards
Thorsten

pooochie

Aug 8, 2005
UK
Roy said:
Sial! I just signed her up...,

Sorry Oom Roy :roll:

Roy said:
what do you and Kadek think of this for her pic?

Very nice picture of Ibu Eri. Messrs T.’s :) seemed to have edited her picture to fit the sizes required. I look forward to reading Ibu Eri’s posts. Please Ibu Eri , we respectfully ask you to join the discussions.

Best wishes
Ni Luh

Mar 6, 2005
Paris France
Roy, Ibu Eri picture is beautiful, we are now hoping for other signs to come. The suspens get unbearable.
The French word you were looking for is "fait accompli". Do you know how it does translate it into Bahasa Indo ? "Difetakomplikan". Really. So Ibu Eri might tell you : "Saya tidak suka dihadapkan pada fetakompli (or difetakomplikan)". But we all hope she won't. Would be really nice to have her with us :)

Kadek

Dec 6, 2005
Australia
Welcome Ibu Eri

I am so looking forward to you joining our discussion on this Forum.

Ibu Eri, everyone is so looking forward for you to join this forum and I am sure a big party has already been planned for your arrival. :wink:

Oom Roy, excellent choice! As Jean said, Ibu Eri's photo is very beautiful and she is very Ayu.

Regards,
Kadek

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
MATUR SUKSMA Thorsten and Tommy! Thanks to you, Mats and everyone else I finally figured out how to get this done.

So, now I can spring what Pak Jean Pascal has informed me is the "fait accompli" on Eri later today. This is perfect timing with the weekend coming on...no taking the boys to school and all.

Again, many, many thanks. Now I've got to coral our cousin Wayan Dedik to join. So tell me what you guys think of this avatar for him:

http://www.sundream.com/~majapahit/imag ... nDedik.jpg

(He's going to kill me!!!!)

Tommy

May 11, 2005
i'd say he should be concentrating on his abs instead of biceps. :lol: nah, just kidding. he looks like a cool guy. 8)

Tommy

May 11, 2005
oh btw.. eri's picture still looks pixeled and worse than the one i posted. did you use Thorstens? :p

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Yes, Wayan is a GREAT guy and you would really like him. He's the head of our gamelan in Bunutan and has lectured and demonstrated gamelan in several areas of the US.

I did use Thorsten's pic that he sent me via e-mail only because it showed a larger area of her face. I might "play around" with it later to see if I can improve it. Thanks again for your help Tommy...and you too Thorsten!

Eri

Dec 15, 2005
Ubud, Bali
Everybody, thank you thank you and thank you for the warm welcome!! it's a bit difficult for me to spend time with you guys as i am surrounded by 3 young boys arround me..... i'll try to spend some time during my free time which i don't know when??????????? :(