Visa hints

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
Hi

We are planning to stay in Bali for 6 months in May and we are currently trying organise our social visa, does anyone have any tips on this subject also the best way to extend the monthly visa ritual.

Any other tips on living in Bali would be great.

We already have accommodation organised.

Thanks

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Use the Search button above and enter queries like
social AND visa
sosial AND budaya
sosbud

Also check the VISA Indonesia button at the top right of the page.

Then if you still have questions they will be more specific.

Good luck!

JenPen

Dec 3, 2007
Perth, West Australia
Hi Kimbo,
The visa is a confusing issue as nobody gives the same response/advice.
Are you trying to organise the visa in Perth before you go to Bali? Do you have Indonesian sponsors? When I know these answers I can offer you more specific advice. I am 3/4s thru organiisng our move to Bali in April. We did not have sponsors so went to one of the Expat agencies in Bali whilst on holiday in January and they have provided us with the sponsor letters required. Now , back in Perth, we have to submit our visa applications to the Indo embassy before returning to Bali in Aprl.

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
Hi JenPen

You are right there are so many different answers to the visa questions.

Yes we have a sponsor, a long time Balinese friend, the Consulate gave us a form to send to him, and yes we are organising the visa from Perth.

Were are you planning to live whilst in Bali

JenPen

Dec 3, 2007
Perth, West Australia
Hi Kimbo,
As you are not going thru an agency my advice re visa is not really relevant, so suggest you search the forum as there is info on going to the immigration office etc to extend visa in Bali. We are planning to live in the Seminyak/ Canggu area as I am hoping my children will go to the Canggu Community School. We have a villa for 1 month and will search for a long term rental then. Where are you planning to stay ?
Jenny

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
We have a villa organised in Kerokoban for 6 months.

Cannot wait to get back to Bali.

How old are your kids?

JenPen

Dec 3, 2007
Perth, West Australia
My girls are 8 and 11 years old. Do you have children ? Kerobokan is not far from where we will be. I am counting down too - 7 weeks till we move - but so much to organise.
Cheers, Jenny

kimbo

Jan 28, 2008
Perth WA
Tell me about it, we were purging the shed today oh my god how much shit do we have.

We have kids but they are grown up our youngest is 19 and is moving to Darwin although he is not happy that we will be in Bali because he loves Bali just as we do.

Ilu

Jul 27, 2006
Norland Norway, Banjar Bali
I have stayed in Bali 6 years ago for 6 mnd. my sponsor wrote me a invitation letter and I sendt that with my visa aplication to the embasy. after 2 months in Bali I had to renew it and went to imigrasi in jimbaran to do that. that I had to do for the next 3 months. no big problem.

kauaibobby

Oct 27, 2007
santa cruz, california, usa
how can i get a sponser to get a social visa for me and my son.
I dont know anyone in indonesia, except for all the great people on this forum.
would someone sponser me and my son for a fee or ....................
I'm coming from the US and i have heard someone else say they got a soc bud without a sponser from the US.
Any help or anyone know of someone to talk to about this would be great.
Bye for now
Bobby