trouble loading picture from my computer

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Bobby, you need to start with a low resolution photo and then reduce it. If the original photo was taken at very high resolution, then no matter how much you reduce the physical size, there will still be too many pixels, hence too many kilobytes.

At the moment I'm in Sydney, but I'm returning to Bali soon.

G

Bob

If you have Microsoft Office an easy way to resize a picture is to right click and open it with Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Then click Edit Pictures/Resize/Custom width x height and enter 80x80 pixels. It will adjust the number of pixels down to retain the height and width (aspect) ratio.

That will normally give you a file under 6kb. If it doesn't you might need to compress it first.

A good source of icons is Google Images. Just do a search on "<subject> icon".

"Outside of a book a man's best friend is Google. Inside of a book there is no electronic search."

Apologies to Groucho Marx.

Ahh.. good old Google...

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Hi Jimbo,
I'm in Bali now. I'll be here for at least 6 months, maybe 12, so I hope we can catch up in March.

Oh, it's so good to be back!!
:D

G

Some people are too lucky.

Someone asked me the other day "what's your favourite wine?". I said "I want to live in Bali".

bolli

Nov 28, 2005
Australia
Re: RE: trouble loading picture from my computer

matsaleh said:
Hi Jimbo,
I'm in Bali now. I'll be here for at least 6 months, maybe 12, so I hope we can catch up in March.

Oh, it's so good to be back!!

Are you living at the same place?
I'll catch up mid March too. :wink:

grover

Nov 6, 2002
san diego, ca
I hope this picture gets through. I will be back in Bali for the first two weeks of Jan. My wife and some of her friends will be coming to blow glass at Horizon Glass Works.