This newbie is really an old git!

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Hi there;
Just a note to say hello to everyone on the forum. I've never been one for 'joining' things but this forum looks too good to miss. Been visiting Bali off and on for the best part of thirty years, now firmly retired from full time work and can think more about spending time in places i love.

Currently plans are to be semi-permanent in Bali from mid next year, currently in the UK getting fixed.

Enjoy scuba diving, underwater photography and generally chilling out, also i've been know to attend the odd endurance motor race.

look forward to exchanging pleasantries across cyberspace with you and share a beer or ten.

all the best for now Peter

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Re: RE: This newbie is really an old git!

Jimbo said:
A warm welcome to you Peter. Tell us your plans.

The plan is to split my time between Bali/Indonesia, Phuket and the UK, this way i can indulge my passions, Bali/Indonesia for the diving and photography, have only scratched the surface, 'scuse the pun, use it as a springboard to see friends and family in that part of the world. Phuket, because I just love the Thai's and can see more of Thailand. Most importantly to just chill and absorb the local way of life. The UK because i need a base there/here and to attend a few motor races?

Still pondering where exactly to base myself in Bali, somewhere close to Seminyak, be looking to rent on a long term basis I guess but its undecided at the moment.

If all goes well and I get the all clear from the Doc's should be about mid 2007.

Trawling through the various web-pages and the info I already have at home.

NED

Jun 4, 2005
Sydney
Welcome Peter,

I too am an ' old git' from Australia, planning to retire to Bali January 2007.

I also have been visiting Bali for over 35 years and at last my dream to live there is almost here. :D

I am also a photographer, so it would be good to meet you at some time.

Please keep us informed of your plans.

Ned

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Cheers Ned, is that your real name? just thinking about Ned Kelly, the well known bandit or is it freedom fighter :wink:

Any specific picture taking? i really enjoy underwater photography and Bali is really excellent for that, as you probably know.

all the best P

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Vincent, many thanks for the info, have already had contact with Erwin Kodiat through cyberspace, unfortunately the last time i was in Bali, Kapal Selam didn't have any meets so unable to see any of you. your events look V.interesting and dive into your website every so often to see whats been happening.

all the best P

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hi Peter,

Next time you're in Bali, do look up my friend Chris Brown, the owner of "Reef Seen Aquatics Dive Center," in Pemuteran, NW Bali. Although his big thing now, since few years ago, is horses (he owns about two dozens), diving has been his life. He is the one who opened up the area to diving. I'm sure you'll love this Aussie guy, as I sense you have much in common.

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Re: RE: This newbie is really an old git!

Jimbo said:
Peter

Being an avid fan of all motor racing but especially F1 I understand where you are coming from. The rest sounds like a good plan so good luck.

Jimbo, F1 has dulled for me over the last few years because of the corporate involvement, much rather go to the Le Mans 24hr race, great atmosphere and about 250 of us go each year, have a visit to http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php and you can see the sort of things we get up to :wink:

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I could never last the 24 hours :) I do love BTCC and the German version also but watching Audi wipe the floor with everyone at Le Mans is not for me. Hows about Go Karting in Bali?

Is there one? If not perhaps a business opportunty for me.