The last few weeks

Gazer

Feb 28, 2005
Singapore
Thank you Gemma for sharing your experience which will no doubt be helpful to me and other readers. I am sorry that your mum had to endure all that misery in hospital. We are probably more fortunate in that the hospital Mum is in (still in) has a friendlier staff who also get on well with Mum. But hospitals are hospitals. They can never adequately give to patients the attention needed. We have yet to decide the treatment as, after all the hurry to have a further examination done on Mum, the doctors have not produce the results even a week after. I am on their backs. It is likely we will bring her home.

What you have done for your mum is truly admirable, all the more as you appear to have gone through the entire painful experience all by yourself. I have great respect for people like you.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I will pm you if I need advice or just need to talk to somebody.

Gazer

indie

Jun 26, 2004
UK
Gemma, I just read this! so sorry to hear about your mum...
All the best for you and family in Lombok.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Thank you Indie.

I was really feeling the loss so much, when I was in in london on my own surrounded by all her things. Now i am back in Lombok I am able to come to terms with everything more.

I brought mum's ashes with me & we have planted a beautiful mature bouganvillea in her memory (as we did with my dad's ashes too) It has a memorial plaque on it and some of her little fairies in the branches.

Being with made is what has helped me heal the most.

Though mum will forever be in my heart & in my thoughts, I can now say as others have before that the pain does get easier with time. 2 months ago, I would not have beleived it possible that I could have said that.

Gazer, I hope you are doing okay at this time.

Kindest regards
Gemma