Terrorism rumours

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
I'm 'cured' now.

I appreciate your diagnosis - not 100% sure what you really said. Should I go away and remove myself completely? Always an option. Or can I stay?

I still wish you a Merry Christmas, from the bottom of my black heart.
:shock:

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
"YO Roy'

I don't think your posted link above works.
I was curious to see where it lead to.
Mungkin besok...

Life's too short to worry too much about its irrelevancies.

:shock:

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
I appreciate your diagnosis - not 100% sure what you really said

Attempt to make a philosophical joke, usually fails...

Forget it...

Roy's link works if you remove the / in front of the quote after you see the file not found error....

Ziggy

Dec 15, 2004
England
Is anywhere safe in the world??? It was'nt that long ago that the IRA were regularly bombing the mainland UK. But of course they are all respectable politicians now and we have forgiven them!
What a wonderful world!

G

I just found your question on Google, do hope this reply takes as I'm not a member of this forum. I'm an Australian, came home last Tuesday after 17 days in Indonesia: Yogyakarta, West Java and Bali (based in Ubud) This was my thirteenth trip to Indonesa and I felt just as safe, just as happy as every other time. I took a friend's 17-year-old daughter with me, to practise her Indonesian language. We did a mini-language course in Yogya, stayed with friends in West Java, holidayed in Bali. No problems, much enjoyment. The Australian government is wildly over-reacting and unfairly scaring the Australian public; by staying away we are depriving ourselves of getting to know our complex and fascinating neighbour and depriving the Indonesian travel industry. Go, and enjoy! It's a wonderful place with wonderful, friendly people - and I feel safer there than I do in my own Victorian country city. There were many other Aussie tourists there; the travel warnings are being treated as they deserve to be treated.
Best wishes,
Ruth Black

Irislahay

Apr 10, 2004
France, Bali now
Hi all,

I really miss Indonesia, especially Bali in this time. For myself, Indonesia is the safest place, as long as I am not make any problem, I will stay very quiet...

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
I agree, people are often saying how Lombok is dangerous but I feel much safer there than I do in London. I dont mean terrorists but in the week that I returned to Uk the domestic news was about the 14 year old pregnant girl whose body was found in a graveyeard New Years day, the stabbing to death for no apparent reason of a pregnant mother of 3, the arrest of a boy & a man for the stabbing to death of a 10 year old boy. I have never heard of any crime anything like these in Bali/Lombok. I know where I feel safest!

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
Same for me - I haven't felt in the slightest bit worried since I arrived. The only time I even thought about terrorists attacking was when someone invited me to spend Christmas with them in Kuta. It would be so unlikely that anything would happen, BUT I knew that if someone was planning something for killing lots of aussies and Yankees, Christmas time at Kuta would be the best place to do it. So I declined. So if you're worried, avoid Kuta. But really, by missing Kuta out of your trip, you're not missing anything at all, becasue Kuta is the most touristy, least Balinese place in the whole of Bali. Waste of time going there!
So don't let any of this government warning stuff change holiday plans!
Cassienne

G

Hello Everyone......I have a little bit of a concern and I hope someone out there might be able to help me. My girlfriend (soon to be wife this year) is from Indonesia. Her and her family relocated to Canada due to business reasons. I had met her while vacationing in Canada. We have been holding up a long distance relationship for a little over a year traveling from Canada to US ...US to Canada. This past Friday January 28 she left for Indonesia to visit her Mom and Dad and the rest of her family. She wanted to tell her Mom and Dad that she wanted to be with me and live in US. She called me last night and she wants me to come to Indonesia to meet them, and as you can probably guess....I'm a little bit nervous about traveling there considering everything that is being said about Indonesia at this time, and all the Warnings for US Citizens. Believe me.....I'm don't always believe what my Government has to say, because sometimes they make more out of something, then it really is. My girlfriend said her family lived about 1 hour and 30 minutes SE of Jakarta. Does anyone think that I will have a problem going there? Obviously, if I am going to be with my girlfriend forever, I'm going to have to meet the parents. I just hope my safety isn't going to be a concern. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.....Mike

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Mike,
Might be a good idea for you to check out the Baliblog site, as NIck has just married his wife in Java, so it might help settle your nerves! Do a google search!

Personally , I would do anything for people I love?

G

I know what you mean.......Thanks Tracey. I feel the same way, and I will check out the site you had said. I was told from a few people, that I will have to apply for a Visa when I arrive at Jakarta Airport. I thought if someone was staying in country longer than 3 months they would have to apply for a Visa, but I am not familar with that since I don't travel to other countries much, even though I would like too. Hopefully you or someone has the answer to that. I'm doing a lot of research on my own since I'm sure we all know how hard it is to communicate with someone on the other side on the world. Thanks for your help Mike