teaching english in Bali

lizzied

Jul 30, 2004
Queensland, AUST
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, please let me know if there's somewhere more appropriate...
My boyfriend and I were planning to come to Bali and teach English. Unfortunately, we were duped by sneaky recruiters and the contract we'd signed fell through. We're still super keen to come, but are wondering if its possible to get to Bali (maybe on a 60 day tourist visa), get a job and then do a quick hop to Singapore for a KITAS?
Is there much work around for two qualified Australian English teachers?

hope you've got some advice for us!

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
I was in Bali in March and was talking to an Aussie working there. She said that a lot of the teachers got laid off after the bombing because a lot of people working their either went home or sent wives and children home. She said the only jobs around were basically marketing or selling resort time.

She said when Bali picks up there maybe more work.

I was looking for work over there but I am in Administration and was told that Indonesia do not employ expats in administration.

Hopes this helps.

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
HI
I just landed a job teaching English and Chemistry in Denpasar. I found the job on ESLteachersboard.com. I was really surpirsed to see it there though, and even more surprised when I got the job! But I've been looking for jobs for awhile, and that's the first one in Bali I've even seen posted. There's millions in the rest of Indonesia though. If you relaly want to go to Bali, I think you'd be better off contacting all the schools individually, and sending them your CV. Most people will probably want to interview you in Bali first though, unless thy're really desperate for a teacher (which is how I got my job while still in NZ) That site, http://www.ESLteachersboard.com has a listing of all international English schools, so check out the ones in Bali.
Hope this helps....maybe I'll see you over there!
Cassienne

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Oooops, confused two ads.

One ad was from the Bali International School asking for new registrations the other were teaching positions in Jakarta,

sorry... :(