TC: What the hell is going on in Indonesia

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
There is a great article on Techcrunch on the state of the tech/internet industry in Indonesia: What the hell is going on Indonesia.

For me it's really exciting and it shows that Indonesia in the future is going to be a lot more about about oil&gas and palm oil exports.

Recently Koprol was acquired by Yahoo, which I think shows there are some talented programmers and internet marketers in Indonesia and I truly hope the acquisition will inspire future programmers and developers.

Why shouldn't there be a company making a foursquare type application aimed at tourists/expats in Bali?

More on the Koprol acquisition.

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
That's a good idea for the new business trends nowadays. Mobile internet and applications will sure hit the market by storm one of these days since mobile companies keep on producing advanced connectivity with mobile phone.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
A well written article with interesting information. One aspect of this growing group of Internet users is their political awareness. They use Twitter, Facebook and others and at times home in on an issue that get's noticed. It's the on-line version of mass movements.