Taking electrical items to bali

Danielle

Hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me out - i am going to Bali in a couple of weeks and want to take my Balinese fiancee a mini hi-fi stereo. that i have bought for him as a birthday present, with me, is this possible and if so do i have to fill out any forms and whats the best way to do so (ie. in my luggage?). Also, my sister takes dexamphetamine for medical reasons and she is worried about taking them with her. Does anyone know if she will have any probs. We know about taking a letter from her doc and taking them in original packet, but is there any thing else she should do? Thanks

Hi Danielle

It's quite possible that some Customs' eyes might light up when they see the mini hi-fi system. If so, they're likely to ask you to pay duty on it. How much depends. If you still have the receipt for it, bring that with you (just in case). Depending on how much you actually paid for it, eg, if it's expensive, you could make up a phoney receipt showing a lesser amount.

Be nice, even if you strike a dickhead - keep smiling at all times - raise your eyebrows slightly if they ask for too much. Do not show anger.

Good luck
:lol:

No problem with any drugs that have been medically prescribed. The irony with your present...the mini hi fi, is that in all likelyhood, you could have bought it here at a cheaper price. Also, but not knowing where you bought the hi fi, are you certain its going to work here?

In any event, it sounds like your Balinese fiancee is a lucky guy. Has he introduced you to his sister yet? :shock:

Back