zoyra

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for a surfing school here in Bali. Any recommendation for a realiable one? Either at Canggu or Uluwatu - or even on the East coast. Thanks.

:icon_lol:, I just happened to be online when your thread showed up
you're welcome and I hope your friend is going to have fun while learning surfing.

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for a surfing school here in Bali. Any recommendation for a realiable one? Either at Canggu or Uluwatu - or even on the East coast. Thanks.

Alot of local friends of mine are anti surf schools because they are over charged, over numbered and the teachers themselves alot fo the time arent too sure how to surf themselves (I dont know how true this is).

if I was your friend I would go down to the beach, as a local surfer themselves to help you out (all pretty happy to do so). Much cheaper, less formal, private longer lessons and they can take you to some great surf spots and you would be helping them out so much

Alot of local friends of mine are anti surf schools because they are over charged, over numbered and the teachers themselves alot fo the time arent too sure how to surf themselves (I dont know how true this is).

if I was your friend I would go down to the beach, as a local surfer themselves to help you out (all pretty happy to do so). Much cheaper, less formal, private longer lessons and they can take you to some great surf spots and you would be helping them out so much

Thanks, soontobeexpat. If your friends can give me a name and contact number for a local surfer (whom they might want to recommend) - I will be more than happy to connect this person to my friend. But to just to any beach and find a surfer instructor is a bit tedious. Especially if you are here for only a few days. I would appreciate any contacts via pm. Thanks.

There are so many. It is a board and an ocean, for a beginner probably any surfer can teach well. The balance is the hardest part.

Back