Supplier of alcohol in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Sorry Ipanema I disagree. This pretty much started with Milan attacking Chilli, a while back. And she also "attacked" anyone who commented on her posts. Even to the extent of saying I was stalking her....

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
You all sound such a superior bunch of intellectuals but none of you sound happy or contented like Milan even with the attacks.

Statements like this also do not do a lot. If you have a problem with a person or persons, name them otherwise you tar all with the same brush....maybe I mixed my metaphors :)

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
Mimi I apologise I was away for nearly three weeks and may have missed some posts from then. I tried to catch up but admit I may have missed some.

Jimbo, sorry do not agree, people who do not think they are a superior bunch of intellectuals know who they are and the ones who think they are superior do. I am not interested in pointing the finger at anyone in particular this was my opinion on reading the post

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
yes, nasty intellectuals should be ashamed of themselves! for being intellectuals that is.. how dare they! are we getting back to the george w. syndrome (2000 gore/bush) where people were convinced that an idiot having no intellect makes them more likable? :|

and btw, i don't think any sane person sits back and thinks, "geez i'm an intellectual" and i also don't think schooling is a correlating factor as to whether or not one is an intellectual.. i think it's more of a mindset:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intellectual

1. appealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.
2. of or pertaining to the intellect or its use: intellectual powers.
3. possessing or showing intellect or mental capacity, esp. to a high degree: an intellectual person.
4. guided or developed by or relying on the intellect rather than upon emotions or feelings; rational.
5. characterized by or suggesting a predominance of intellect: an intellectual way of speaking.

nowhere in the definition of intellectual is there a reference to the level of one's formal education and rightfully so.. georgie boy went to yale, was he an intellectual?
ct

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
Yes Balilife, Intellecturals should ashamed of themselves when putting shit on someone who is not as intellectual as them.

Can the idiot help having no intellect or can the intellect no help be the idiot?

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Ipanema said:
Can the idiot help having no intellect or can the intellect no help be the idiot?

i only understand the underlined part of this question and i'll answer it as best i can..

simply put, no they can't - but they can and should be aware that the strong voicing of their opinions in a public forum may draw scrutiny when it's provocative.. if it was written and is defended in ignorance, then they deserve the scrutiny they solicited by posting it in the first place, and part of that scrutiny may or may not involve one suggesting that individual lacks intellect..

ct

Lou

Nov 12, 2004
Ubud
Looked in here for the first time out of curiosity generated by our resident juvenile's gloating about the demise of Milan. As he had already managed to get 3 or 4 of his posts deleted by the admin, presumably for offensiveness, in a members thread, this was a must read.

Oh boy! He has done himself proud. This whole thing comes off as a senior class president staging a late 18th century inspired drama with the totally dumb cognizance of his teachers - who form the cast. Take a look and identify Marie Antoinette, Madame Lafarge and Marat. You should be mortified for being led into this.

Good work Cs, you show great promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.