Some Bali photos

G

Welcome to the forum Kelpie!

Enjoyed your photos.

Especially the rice farmer taking a smoko.

Kelpie

Apr 29, 2007
Australia
Re: RE: Some Bali photos

Allan said:
Welcome to the forum Kelpie!

Enjoyed your photos.

Especially the rice farmer taking a smoko.

Cheers Allan. When I was taking that, he tried to spark a ciggy which would have looked great in the afternoon light, but his lighter broke :)

bukit

Aug 4, 2006
Australia
loved the photos kelpie their is even some photos of some of my wifes family in bali {the fisherman at Padang padang }..a little local trivia about "padang- padang" the real name of the beach is labuan sait .padang padang means grassy fields which is A fair way back from the beach . The chanel they launch the jukungs into to go fishing is called the sawang ..the area that surf break is at is called mekisi thanks for sharing your photos

nessie

Apr 12, 2007
Perth WA Australia
Hi Keplie and All

I loved those Photo's ... Beautiful colour and quality..

4 weeks on Monday and I am there to see some of that beauty in person

Nessie :D

Dasha

Aug 9, 2006
Mornington Peninsula Melbourne
Nearly right there Tink

I think the only difference in selling pics between Kelp and I, is motive.

As Bert said “First post and you are wanting to sell pics of Bali?”

And Kelp’s answer… I have the same message in all my galleries.

You could ask the question where is the money headed. Each one of mine gets a kid a school uniform , a potential lifelong sponsor and a chance at an education.

http://web.mac.com/dashalive/iWeb/Site/Blog/Blog.html

G

I'm sure Kelpie hasn't been "scared" off. Put off maybe. I took Kelpie's post at face value and I think the photos are very good. A lot of people who use the photo sharing services have a message saying that their photos are for sale and I didn't read anything in to that. Also all of the photos are available in various sizes and even in the original resolution without paying (although technically this would be a breach of copyright). I would say someone whose serious intent is to make money from their photos doesn't do that.

Nor do I think it is fair to spout off about charity or get into the "I give more than you so I'm better than you" game. Many people are very generous "behind the scenes" and don't like to advertise the fact because it can have unwanted consequences.

Kelpie seems to have put a lot of thought into the work and there are no simple photoshop or depth of field tricks, green cast or bad framing. Others could do worse than to get a few pointers from Kelpie.

Excellent work.