Social Budaya Visa extension?

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
I`m wondering about the procedeur when extending the social budaya visa, here are some questions:

1. Do I extend it in the imigration office in denpasar?
2. What are the cost per each time?
3. Is there any forms I have to fill in, and are they in indo or english?
4. Is the passport enough to bring when I extend?
5. Is there anything else I should know?

Thankfull for any helpfull answers.

PS. I have not intensions of using an agent

Irislahay

Apr 10, 2004
France, Bali now

If you live outside Kuta area, you have to go to Immigration in Renon-Denpasar

Rp. 200.000 + form Rp. 5000

Yes, Indonesian translated to english

Nope, you need a letter of sponsor, copy of identity card of sponsor, last picture of you

Be patient and couragious :) :)

Tommy

May 11, 2005

My answers come from own experience only and this might not correspond with others to 100%. Before i did my extensions at Ngurah Rai, but now we do them in Denpasar as i moved after the first bombing.

1. If you live in the Kuta area (which includes Seminyak) you should extend at Ngurah Rai Immigration Office and not in Denpasar.

2. First you have to get a folder with all the necessary documents for an extension at the office "loket". It's 5000rp. The price on the board for "extension only" is 200.000rp last time i checked. Be aware that you will have to pay processing-fees even if you "do it yourself" which can vary depending on who will process and how you are accepted. This is why an agent is good to have even if it gets more expensive.

3. The forms are PLEANTY, both indonesian and english translations. You have to make copies of them after they've been properly signed. Every month there are new forms since they are numbered (quantity of copies varies depending on which extension you're making). Your sponsor also have to make a personal sponsor-letter signed and stamped with a "materei" (special kind of stamp for official purposes à 6000rp, can be bought at the postoffice) with all his/her info. as no.KTP (id), reason for extension, accept full legal responsibility etc etc.

4. Apart from a passport you'll need a couple of pasport-sized photographs and a big sack of patience. I can't remember to which of the extensions you need it and which you don't so bring extras. :lol:

5. There's no question in my mind that extending your own visa will be a hassle. Not only does it consume alot of time since it's not done over one day but rather one week. For each extension you'll have to got to the office at least 2 or 3 occasions during that week to get papers ready, processed and collected. Think of it like this... for every month you will have to go about and worry approx. one week for preparations, processing and finally collecting. As you have collected your pasport you'll notice that the expiration date is only about 3 ½ weeks ahead.. which leaves you with about 2 ½ weeks of "freedom" before you'll have to start all over again with the next extension. Needless to say, in the longrun this necessary bureaucracy gets very tiresome.

Whatever you decide on doing i wish you Good luck (and sorry i couldn't give you more accurate answers)! :wink:

Tommy

May 11, 2005
Also, i should add.. You'll need to copy 2 or 3 different pages in your pasport. First, a copy of the page with your info and photo. Second, a copy of your sos/bud-stamp. Third, if you've done an extension already you should copy the stamp of the latest one. :idea:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Tommy, I am with you 100%. It's a huge hassle and a huge waste of time to extend theses visas on one's own. The way you explained it is perfect.

Bali Ide charges 2.2 million for all four renewals, (550K each). When it's time for my first renewal, Eri just brings my passport to them, hands over 2.2 million Rp and that's it for the next four months...no hassle no worries, no problems.

To be honest, I don't know one expat in the Ubud area that handles their own visa extentions.

Tommy

May 11, 2005
550K is a bargain for the time and hassle one otherwise have to go through ... :shock: I havn't used Bali idé yet since i've done it myself for many years, but, it has gotten very very tiresome. Not only for me, but also for my busy fiancé who sponsors me. It will be quite a change for me not to do my own visa-extensions anymore, but i think i've earned it after so many years of troublesome paperwork. :p

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
thanks guys,

Well it seemes to be alot more hazzle then I expected it would be so i will problably use an agent.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
We changed to an agent for the final extension of my current visa as we were not going to be around the week of processing. It was totally painless & has convinced me that we will use an agent from now on. Especially now with the petrol increase meaning we spend up to Rp200,000 per month on the trips to the city (in Lombok - not Bali)