Shopping... bargaining.... whats around....

G

Hi all... just wondering if you would be able to give me an idea about a few things... i have looked a many many forums (here and elsewhere in cyberspace) and i have a few questions.... i hope u can give me some answers!!
how much does a t shirt cost? thats such a random question, huh? i am looking for ralph lauren or fred perry polos mainly.;

will i be able to find a burberry or gucci (or similar) overnight bag in any of the stores in kuta (any suggestions?)

how much does it cost, on average, for a mens suit to be made?

where is the best place to go snorkelling if i am staying in the kuta region? i understand that i will need to travel, but would prefer to be able to go there and back in a day...

what is the dress code like for bali bars? both in kuta and also seminyak,

any information anyone can give me would be so very welcome. i am coming to bali in july and want to be as prepared as possible. thanks!
tomcat

Ronaldo T Willemski

Apr 12, 2005
Nth of the Border
Dress code for bars is as follows:

: wife beater bonds singlet
:Stubbies
:Thongs

Be sure to keep your smokes tucked under the singlet on your shoulder.

Dont worry about any deodorant and drink large Bintangs from the bottle, never in a glass.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Ronaldo! You are a hoot! Bert, as you well know, for a certain group of tourists to Bali, he is dead on right!

Welcome to the forum Ronaldo...and your picture is great! It reminds me of another life when I was imprisoned by the corporate world. :shock:

If you make it to Ubud on your next trip to Bali, I'd be happy to buy you a martini at our favorite watering hole, Naughty Nuris Warung.

Ronaldo T Willemski

Apr 12, 2005
Nth of the Border
Cheers lads, just love the typical Aussie who ventures forth into Bali and does the rest of Australia proud.

We did the compulsory venture to Ubud last time we visited but this time, im not to sure we will head north.

Im still having visions of the dominant male monkey chasing me through the Monkey park.

G

Dress code for bars is as follows:

: wife beater bonds singlet
:Stubbies (only if they have that under utilised front key pocket)!!!!
:Thongs

I'm a kiwi living and importing into the US, I am looking for teak and leather furniture, especially planters chairs.
I saw some once made by an Aussie I think named Barry. His quality is really good.
Any thoughts on the best place/area/person to go to for this, I'm planning on coming over in a few months and would like to get a jump on it.
How long would I need to really get around and get some great stuff?

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
tomcat,

around kuta square you can find some "NICE CLOTHES" retailers... I`m sure you will find the price reasonable.

suites can be made by request in many places in kuta just keep your eyes open.

If you want to snorkle in the kuta area you have to find yourself a pool, if that doesn`t satisfie your need then I sugest you consider going for a trip to the north (east)... lovina and ahmed got good snorkling.

dresscode in bali??? boardshorts and a pair of flip flops will fit you right in almost wherever you go. If you are from AUS don`t forget to purchase a bintang t-shirt :lol:

Sparky

Aug 9, 2004
england..LONDON
Cobler there is heaps of bargains and exciting finds with furniture to be found in Bali. I reckon if you shop around you can find some nice Dutch Colonial furniture hundreds of years old that you could buy and make ten times what you paid. I would love to go and get a container ful of really good Dutch Antique furniture and bring it back to the sale rooms in the UK. It would fly mate honest, the sky is the limit. Its got me thinking along those lines. I bet there are some right treasures to be had in the Antiques bracket. Mmmm got a get over there and have a look. Serious money to be made i reckon.

Spark

G

Sparky said:
Cobler there is heaps of bargains and exciting finds with furniture to be found in Bali. I reckon if you shop around you can find some nice Dutch Colonial furniture hundreds of years old that you could buy and make ten times what you paid. I would love to go and get a container ful of really good Dutch Antique furniture and bring it back to the sale rooms in the UK. It would fly mate honest, the sky is the limit. Its got me thinking along those lines. I bet there are some right treasures to be had in the Antiques bracket. Mmmm got a get over there and have a look. Serious money to be made i reckon.

Spark
shoping in indonesia is cheap and good qualite!?

G

Anonymous said:
Sparky said:

Spark
shoping in indonesia is cheap and good qualite!?
night live in indonesia is danger an we can make massage like in tailand

G

rent a motorbic is possible in bali

can we rent a motorbic in bali

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Rabih,
To answer your many questions:

1. Shopping in Indonesia is cheap and if you know what you're looking for, it's possible to buy quality items.

2. Night life in Indonesia is no more dangerous than anywhere else. Don't venture down dark alleys late at night and you should be fine. :wink:

3. Spas and massage salons are plentiful, especially in Bali and prices about the same as Thailand.

4. Renting a motorbike will cost you between Rp30K and Rp40K per day in the Kuta/Legian (tourist) area of Bali. Rates are negotiable for longer rental.

Tommy

May 11, 2005
4. Renting a motorbike will cost you between Rp30K and Rp40K per day in the Kuta/Legian (tourist) area of Bali. Rates are negotiable for longer rental.

.. and it will cost you much more unless you have an international driving-license for motorcycles or apply for a local one at Kapolsek (Police) in Kerobokan. :) A temporary local license valid for 3 months will cost you 250.000rp (new regulations, used to be only 1 month). To get a 1 or 5 year local license one have to be holder of a Kitas. Can't remember if Kitas-holders get only 1 year or 5 years as WNI do.

G

thanks for every one

thanks for every one i hve one question my wife can make topless on the beach

drbruce

Feb 12, 2004
singaraja, bali
cyberbali.com
Kuta yes. Candidasa had a no nude sunbathing sign a few years ago, not sure if it is still there. Singaraja - probably not a good idea. Just a story from a few years ago.

I was sitting at one of my favorite places for drinks on Anturan Beach in Singaraja and having a few araks and beers with some of my buddies. A French lady appeared out of her bungalow and proceeded to the beach where she pulled off her top and sat watching the ocean. Within five minutes she had a number of the local cowboys over pestering her as well as a bunch of younger school kids standing around staring. She completely lost it and started screaming at everyone, came up to me (the only foreigner around) and started in on how disgusting and sick everyone was. Umm, I'm fairly mellow, but it was definitely the wrong thing to say. She received a long lecture (well, actually it was rather short as she stormed off in a huff) about cultural sensitivity and adapting to the place you're at. She was packed and out of the homestay in 30 minutes and off to Kuta. My buddies and I had a great laugh about the situation. Moral of the tale - if you want to go topless, stay in Kuta.

G

Kuta yes.
But be aware of fully dressed men or pairs of men who will just amble about taking photos of "each other" always with a topless or bikini clad female in the background.
:shock:
They usually seem to think that theyve come up with the perfect scheme and that no one has any idea what they re doing.
So lame.