See you tomorrow

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
"Keep pushing it roy.. keep pushing it"

NOT from THE "Doc" an ELITE poster on this forum and well respected.

But, speaking of camouflaged posters...."Mark Spark?" Yea, I'm holding back for sure on what I think! :shock:

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
You do mean this 'thread' don't you, D. and surely not the forum?

And I assure you all, on my Kanda mpat; I am not mr. spark.

I hope my translation does not suffer too much:
OM AWIGNAMASTU
I Kaki Balyan tresanin, -Show kindness to the witch(doctor?),
Ni Dadong Kelong ba delod, -and Nanny Wormy in the north(or south),
olasin pangayah tuyuh, -give love to those who help you
idihin ya pasikepan, -ask them for a 'fighting weapon',
ne'ne' Sakti, -with great power,
maadan Dewa Siwa Sumedang. -it's name is Dewa Siwa Sumedang.

asah, asih, asuh

G

Hi all,
Well we certainly have aloadof different views folks thats for sure and thats the way life is.....but come on Roy(i know you enjoy getting stuck into a good debate and having the last say always), Made Marko (you are just saying what youbelieve or think and rightly so ) and Drive/Doc( you need to chill out mate and stop taking things to seriously and realise we are all just having a good old discussion and all with our different views, rightly so) lets not get personal and take things outof context eh?

Be Lucky ALL
Mark

G

Back again i am afraid folks. On to a totally different subject, my arrival in Bali in the coming weeks. Well Roy, Bert and whoever else i have been having discussions, agreements and disagreements(all good fun eh!) it would be good to meet up and have a few more banters over a nice drink and some tastey Bali Nosh at a designated recommended Waung eh ? ...perhaps Naught nuris as i have heard this can be a nice location. I will be visiting friends from Bali Blog as well (Nick being one) and it would be nice to hear how some of you ended up following the dream and not only following but making it happen. As you know (BERT/ROY) it is all to easy getting to Bali but actually staying there and making it your home is a whole different ball game.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
I’m wrestling with this one, and I won’t note any quotes. If it is, that this string wandered into “banned territory” in the opinion of most posters, newbies, Mark R and Mark Spark, aside, then I have no problem to “nuke” it all.

Doc, I’m not used to you posting under two mantels…the one recognized, and the one as “guest.” Seems to me, if you have something to say, you should say it without some kind of camouflage.

As for Mark R and Mark Spark…I have nothing to say to you, and no, it’s highly unlikely that we will ever break bread, or pour wine in mutual company.

G

Not a camouflage. I've only used "the doc" when i've been in a rush and too lazy to long in for a fast reply. I assumed everyone understood it was me. bye roy

drbruce

Feb 12, 2004
singaraja, bali
cyberbali.com
I was actually just trying to find some time to add something to this string as I find that interlinkages is really what life is like. It might be nice to live inside an imagethat Bali or Sumbawa or Nuie or anywhere else is isolated and self-sufficient, but the realities of the world seem to argue against that. Sure, discussing the Balinese language is great, as well as krisses, painting, other arts, culture and religion, food, etc. But, the "intrusion" of the geopolitical world certainly seems to be a relevant subject. It seems to me that people will only contribute to strings that they are interested in, so why try to limit the number of strings because an individual is not interested in one. Just ignoring it seems to be the easiest and most neighborly thing to do.

Regards,

Bruce

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
Yes , I prefer to stay polite and neighborly wihtin the confines of this forum.
For one thing, I am still a 'newbi' and I have never participated in another. I am not sure of what is considered acceptable conversation by the members.
You may guess from my posts previous to this thread where my head is at regarding the geopolitcal atmosphere that exists sekala.
I have absolutely no objection to such topics being discussed, and may join in ...berkala.
In a world 'patriot' acts(sic) and language sensitive search engines, I ask for forgiveness if my opinions sometime seem to be cowardly or overtly cryptic.
titiyang nunas,
Made

G

Re: RE: See you tomorrow

I agree. America seems way out there in terms of rational dealings with problems in other countries. Bali has been forgotten, let me repeat that, forgotten since 12/10/02 and that is a very unfortunate thing. a very unfortunate thing. No place on earth deserved the bomb of 2002 least of all Bali. It is a place I call a safe haven, a magical, even if a little consumed by tourisim, place that steals everyone's heart.

I first went to Bali in 1999 and I left my heart there entirely. The support that has been severely lacking from other countries is so apparent. America especially. I have friends in the USA but I still cannot, for one moment, agree with Bush and his approach to the problems with terrorism. He is back dated, unethical, and quite franklly immoral. I haven't met anyone in a long time who agrees with anything America has done in a long time.

Roy said:
marko, i think many americans like to think that they do affect the rest of the world. the fact is many countries and people couldn't care less about the usa and what the do or don't do.

Doc, I can hardly believe my eyes, reading this from you. You have to be joking! To not consider the far reaching consequences upon the whole world that the undertakings of the American government has, is to live with blinders on, or to be quagmired in naivety or denial.

The fact is, in Bali, as well as all of Asia and SE Asia, more expatriate Americans have registered to vote than ever before, and most of them have already voted against Bush for just that reason…i.e. the very negative effects the Bush war on terror, and the manner in which it is being fought, has had upon this whole region, not to mention other foreign policy debacles.

The bombing in Jakarta against the Australian Embassy was in direct retaliation to the Aussies being part of the Bush coalition in Iraq.

Don’t kid yourself into thinking many countries and people could care less about the USA or what they do or don’t do. Just show up at Nuri’s Saturday AM at 8 and see how many Germans, Dutch, Australians, English and Americans will be there to watch the second Bush/Kerry debate. I’d love for you to tell them that, just to see the look on your face from their reactions.