mrsgabry

This is a really sad time for dog lovers at the moment as the Governor of Bali has given order to kill all street dogs in Bali. A lot of the dogs that will be killed will most probably have already been vaccinated and neutered like the dogs on Kuta beach that were killed last week. These dogs were easy to catch as they were socalized - surfers, warung-owners and dog rescue groups were taking care of them. Bali dogs are territorial so if you kill the healthy, vaccinated dogs in one territory you create a free space for other wild dogs to come in. Then it might really get a bit dangerous. Really wild dogs are not so easy to catch because they will hide. The government will never succeed in killing all free dogs in Bali. This is impossible and it is absolutely the wrong approach. Friends of mine have spent a lot of their own money to regularly feed these dogs, vaccinate and neuter them. They are devastated about this outcome and try to save as many as possible. This means that they have to take at least the puppies off the beaches (where they get dropped by mostly local people) and board them at a vet or at a pet resort. This costs a horrendous amount of money so it would be a big help if some people would consider at least fostering them for some time. (I myself have 2 lovely puppies which I rescued out of a heap of stones in boarding at a pet resort so I know how much this costs. But I could not take them home as we already have 3 dogs.) By fostering the puppies will be socialized and it will be much easier to rehome them when the foster people have to leave the country. Please think about it and if you are interested send me a message. I will then get you in contact with the right people.
Thanks for considering this option,
Gabriele

Back