Samsung mobile phone repairer

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
My Samsung galaxy s4 wont show charging light or start up. Anyone know of places who may be able to fix this problem. I am in Sanur.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I would suggest going to the samsung service center on teku umar barat denpasar , Ya its a hike from sanur , but you will get a guarantee .

Reactions: matsaleh

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
The Samsung service center is actually at
Jl. Mahendradatta Utara No.57

That’s quite a hike from Sanur.
Basically, you have to go all the way to the end of Teuku Umar, cross Jl. Imam Bonjol (road back to Kuta) and continue to the first set of traffic lights along Jl. Marlboro. Turn right there and it’s about 2 kms on the left-hand side.

;)

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
The Samsung service center is actually at
Jl. Mahendradatta Utara No.57

That’s quite a hike from Sanur.
Basically, you have to go all the way to the end of Teuku Umar, cross Jl. Imam Bonjol (road back to Kuta) and continue to the first set of traffic lights along Jl. Marlboro. Turn right there and it’s about 2 kms on the left-hand side.

;)
Yes made the trip this morning. They could not fix it. Think they were telling me the motherboard or whatever needed replacing. However the board made in Indonesia was different to my phone which was bought in Australia and could not be used. I know my phone is a genuine article. Does this mean Samsungs made in Indonesia aren't?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
However the board made in Indonesia was different to my phone which was bought in Australia and could not be used. I know my phone is a genuine article. Does this mean Samsungs made in Indonesia aren't?
My understanding is that Samsung doesn’t actually make stuff here. Sure, it has a ‘factory’ near Jakarta which is essentially an assembly plant. The bits and pieces come from other places, like India, Vietnam, maybe China.
Who knows where the board on your Samsung, bought in Australia, came from? It’s quite possible that the service centers here don’t have compatible ones available.
I had a Samsung stereo unit that ‘broke’. Took it to them and they couldn’t fix it. Took it back and went to a small electronics repair joint near Kuta. It fixed it in about 20 minutes. Makes you wonder. But I think that place only fixes TVs, amplifiers...not smart phones.
The following article is probably worth a look:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-begins-smartphone-assembly-in-indonesia-1431344822

:cool:

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Here in the Usa phones are locked to the wireless provider,because i travel quite often outside the country i bought a genuine unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 5,worked great everywhere i went,however after 1 year it stopped ringing on incoming calls,and a few other issues also,brought it to Samsung here in Nyc,they told me sorry cant be fixed because the guts (i guess mother board ) was manufactured for the South African region,dont`t know if that was the truth or just an excuse not to fix it,so i went back to using the new bb android phone,,,it seems that phones sold in different parts of the world are different inside,

Also some yrs ago i had a small Sansung notebook ,screen started flashing,researched it online and seemed it was a small wire that gets pinched around the hinge area,if i squeezed on the screen about the bottom center it worked fine,it had a world wide guarantee,,brought it to samsung in Bali woooooo no way they would even touch it,they said this is an American version and we dont have parts for that,took it back to Ny ,brought it to a regular computer repair store,got it fixed for $35,,

Hope you are more lucky the i was,

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
My understanding is that Samsung doesn’t actually make stuff here. Sure, it has a ‘factory’ near Jakarta which is essentially an assembly plant. The bits and pieces come from other places, like India, Vietnam, maybe China.
Who knows where the board on your Samsung, bought in Australia, came from? It’s quite possible that the service centers here don’t have compatible ones available.
I had a Samsung stereo unit that ‘broke’. Took it to them and they couldn’t fix it. Took it back and went to a small electronics repair joint near Kuta. It fixed it in about 20 minutes. Makes you wonder. But I think that place only fixes TVs, amplifiers...not smart phones.
The following article is probably worth a look:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-begins-smartphone-assembly-in-indonesia-1431344822

:cool:
Thanks Johnny, I go back to oz the end of December, hopefully I can have it fixed there.