Review of Ahimsa Estate and The Dusun

G

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone stayed at The Dusun or Ahimsa Estate? Would love if anyone can give us some feedback on them. Both of them looks good and we are sooo undecided.

Cheers
PSC.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
The Dusun

The Dusun is popular on the Japanese market and mostly it is used for weddings.

1 bedroom villa is 200m2 with private pool then they have a 3 bedroom villa which is 635m2. Both villas are in excellent condition and the service level is very good. The last time I was there, I was quite impressed, also if one takes a look at the architecture which is a nice blend between modern and balinese style. Opened in 2001, so quite new.

Rates: high season 1 bedroom 295 USD 3 bedroom 545 USD
Low season 1 bedroom 240 USD 3 bedroom 540 USD
all a night... these prices they quoted me in my research last year.

Furthermore the Dusun has 14 villas and NO restaurant however they have a kitchenette.

http://www.the-dusun.com

Ahimsa Estate
http://www.theahimsa.com

16 villas ranging from 1 to 2 bedroom villas, almost same service quality as in the Dusun, private atmosphere and very nice architecture (modern)

I have been there once and I really liked the villa resort. Whether to coose the dusun or ahimsa? I would not know as both villa resorts are the top in their market. Maybe I can suggest that you spend half of your time at the Ahimsa and the other time at the Dusun.

Cheers,

Maurits

grastaman

Feb 14, 2005
singapore
close to these two, but right on the beach, is Santika Villas. 1-2 br bungalows (no kitchen) as well as full villas. there is an excellent restaurant there- really excellent. the rates are onpar or a slight premium to dusun. less privacy as the villas are not all walled off, but plenty of room on the estate. single main pool no kids.

we stayed there on a fluke. had rented a home N of LaLuciolas, but crazy drug high woman woman in the villa next door kept us up all night with her rantings. next morning we walked down the beach pondering our dilemma for the remainder of our week. things were still down from SARS so i walked into Santika villas (next to La Luciolas) and got a rate of 250 usd- we moved right after lunch!

of note, is the restaurant (did i say it was excellent...yes i did) and the service, which i would classify as best ive had anywhere.

we tried to stay there again w/ family, but sadly they changed to a 'no kids' policy so didnt do it.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
Yes, unfortunately for you grastaman, every villa nowadays on Bali has this policy of "no kids".

Santika Villas is quite fair, however in my view I believe

Santika Villas: high season rates 300USD for 1 bedroom villa and 700 USD for 2 bedroom villa, same rates are also applicable for low-season.

24 Villas on their property offering a Pool + Restaurant

avg square meter size of the villas is 60m2 indoor property and 18m2 outdoor. Santika villas is built in 2001.

So basically, the rates of Santika Villas is quite higher than the Dusun. And I doubt that it is better than the Dusun.... But do not get me wrong, the fact that Santika Villas was included in my research means that it is an excellent resort. A part from the Dusun, Santika Villas has a restaurant.

grastaman

Feb 14, 2005
singapore
maurits:

well supported opinions. santika 1 br's are not that private and they are a bit small. actually when i was looking for alternatives to Santika, many people recommended the Dusun. i guess the premium comes from being directly beachside. if the service is as good at the Dusun, then that is very impressive. (i would say that when we stayed there, the place was 25% full)...and also we paid $150 at that time (due to SARS) not $250. a good deal.

G

Thanks for the review. I'll definitely check Santika. But from the sound of it may be a little over my budget.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
Dear PSC,

If you are looking for villas in Seminyak and Kerobokan, I am happy to recommend you some. Same range as in the Dusun, maybe I can recommend you some nice resort to take in consideration

G

Hello Maurits,

I would love some recomendations! Yes please.

Cheers,
psc.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
Some other nice villa hotels in the area of Kerobokan and Seminyak,

Kerobokan:
Villa Kendil
Alu Bali

Seminyak
The Oberoi
Villa Lalu