bali geeks

Don't know if you've already noticed this little blurb about VC potential in Indo.

Is ?Remarkable Indonesia? the New ?Incredible India? for Investors?

PS--when they mention "the Valley" they mean Silicon Valley, Santa Clara, California.

Hope I did the link thingy right.

After 10 years with a office in india I shut it down, horrible story, unethical behavior & drama. I have had great success with the team here in Bali of 20+ geeks. Flex, Flash, .net, XML, etc.

Some of the team over the last 5 years have gone out on their own with various levels of success.

The challenge I face is growing the team further and finding qualified geeks beyond hackers.

Anyone know of Bali geeks in need of mentor, inspiration or opportunity?

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
We the coming of the fiber optics for Bali, it could help boost IT companies potential in Bali and other parts of Indonesia which still have a long way to reach India's level of availability of technology.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Another article about Indonesia on TechCrunch. I think they must be onto something.

This is something I have been thinking about recently also. I definitely agree there is a good business opportunity here and a better alternative to tourism and palm oil for foreign income for Indonesia.

P

Peggysue

I would actually like to know what the heck you are all talking about.....makes me feel old, even though i am not....techno wiz kid was not computed into my brain at birth

Jesse

Feb 16, 2010
Melbourne
I would actually like to know what the heck you are all talking about.....makes me feel old, even though i am not....techno wiz kid was not computed into my brain at birth

Hopefully the article could clear up some hints even though you don't know much about todays technology especially the internet hardware.