Question about the 60 day visa

MikeO

Dec 18, 2016
Hello All,
My wife and I live in Australia but travel to Bali very frequently - always as tourists.
Over the years our stays in Bali have got longer and longer.
Currently we each get a 60-day tourist visa from the Perth Consulate which so far have served us well.
For future visits we now want to extend our time in Bali as far as 90 days - again as tourists.
Can anyone advise what options we have as the the visas that are currently available seem to limit a visa for tourist purposes to just 60 days ?
Thanks,
MikeO

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
You can plan a Singapore trip and come back in on Visa on Arrival. Or else you can think of the social visa - Search the forum for sosbud

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hello All,
My wife and I live in Australia but travel to Bali very frequently - always as tourists.
Over the years our stays in Bali have got longer and longer.
Currently we each get a 60-day tourist visa from the Perth Consulate which so far have served us well.
For future visits we now want to extend our time in Bali as far as 90 days - again as tourists.
Can anyone advise what options we have as the the visas that are currently available seem to limit a visa for tourist purposes to just 60 days ?
Thanks,
MikeO
Hi MikeO

RonB has indicated that your best visa for an extended stay as a tourist is a sosbud.
Any Indonesian friend can sponsor you....or agent (for a fee)....can provide for that. This can be done in Perth Consulate before you start your trip...and the monthly extensions can be done locally in Bali.
It means you initially arrive on a 60 day visa, which is extendable monthly, without leaving, for up to a max of 6 months.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
isn't a 60 tourist visa obtained out of indonesia actually a social budaya visa?

A 60 day single-entry visa applied for in an overseas embassy/consul does not require a sponsor in Indonesia. It is therefore not supposed to be extendable beyond the 60 days.
A 60 day single-entry Social Budaya visa requires a sponsor letter from Indonesia and and is extendable monthly, within Indonesia, up to 6 months.
Both are stamped B211 visas but the Sosbud usually has the sponsor's name also stamped.

It is confusing and in Bali I have known many who apply abroad for the visa without a sponsor but, after arriving, find a friendly sponsor, or agent for a small fee, and are granted extensions.

Reactions: klaatu

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
A 60 day single-entry visa applied for in an overseas embassy/consul does not require a sponsor in Indonesia. It is therefore not supposed to be extendable beyond the 60 days.
A 60 day single-entry Social Budaya visa requires a sponsor letter from Indonesia and and is extendable monthly, within Indonesia, up to 6 months.
Both are stamped B211 visas but the Sosbud usually has the sponsor's name also stamped.

It is confusing and in Bali I have known many who apply abroad for the visa without a sponsor but, after arriving, find a friendly sponsor, or agent for a small fee, and are granted extensions.
A 60 day single-entry visa, single entry, does that mean it expires if I leave the country within that 60 days, as I will need to for a week.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
A 60 day single-entry visa, single entry, does that mean it expires if I leave the country within that 60 days, as I will need to for a week.

Exactly...all the single-entry visas expire the moment you depart Indonesia and you'll need something else to re-enter.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Exactly...all the single-entry visas expire the moment you depart Indonesia and you'll need something else to re-enter.
So If I get a 60 visa in Perth, go to Bali and leave, I need another visa to get back in again.Can I get a multiple entry visa in Perth with a 60 day stay?.Hate to say it, but Thailand visa system aint so complicated and difficult after all.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The Multi-entry Sosbud visa cannot be issued by any RI Embassy/Consul without a prior telex from Jakarta Immigration.

You must apply for a multi-entry Sosbud from Indonesia and tell them where you wish to have the visa issued....be it Perth, S'pore, KL or wherever...they then send the telex to that RI Embassy/Consul where you go to have the visa stamped in your passport. You can then enter or leave Indonesia at will for one year....but you cannot stay more than 60 days on any one visit.

I did it for a year but found it was a pain in the ass to plan departures etc.