kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hello
I was offered a job in Bali and have decided not to take it. I have already come here with a work visa in my passport. Intuitively, I felt it was right not to take the job and I figured I should nip it in the bud early rather than drag it out...for some that might make perfect sense while others might not get that, depending on how you view intuition:) Anyway, I have a source of steady income from some online stuf and I want to stay in Bali for at least a few months. I am planning on telling my job today-- I want to take care of it before they begin the process of registering me, getting me the KITAS card, etc.... I was wondering if I would be able to go to the airport and purchase a VOA --- I only got here a few days ago, or if I need to leave the country and come back in? If I need to do the latter, which I am guessing is what I do need to do, do I need to get any special paperwork,etc? I know if I had the work visa, I would need to arrange for special permits to leave and reenter the country but since I would be simply coming back on a VOA, would I just need to explain that at the airport?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Generally, entering Indonesia on a VOA is simple.

But, Indonesian bureaucracy likes things to connect up and be tidy. If there is anything left unfinished in connection with the visa you have currently used to enter Indonesia, you could expect complications when you leave. If your departure is smooth, then re-entry on VOA should be easy.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
If you have a work visa then the company has finished all your paper work. You are here because the company has supply you with the visa & will have to leave the country on a exit visa supplied by the company.:icon_mrgreen: