private jet travel and pets

meremortal

Jun 12, 2023
during korona virusssss.... and shortly after i heard that one could bring pet on private jet into bali (any visa). despite trying to contact multiple persons and departments in indonesia during the last two years i'm still none the wiser. also contacted canberra/sydney/perth consulate/embassy in australia.. as i am no longer able to bring my rescued greyhound due to acute respiratory issues (we'll wait it out here until he passes); i'd like to bring my six 10yo rescued chook chooks and one indian game bantam rooster (all well behaved!). does any one out there have any information on the subject of private jet travel into bali with pets/birds specifically? i know what all the paperwork encompasses so please no details on that. thanking you ....

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
You have probably found this post from searching already and it contains a snippet regards air travel of a dog outwards so you may wish to see if you can contact the poster despite it being an old post. Otherwise all I have heard is of making the sea crossing from Java quietly.

https://balipod.com/forum/threads/taking-a-bali-dog-to-germany.12329/#post-117785

As you indicate, you understand the paperwork, so you know it's technically illegal and fido gets the death penalty if caught.

Best wishes and hope this helps

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Well, we have very VIP members on here now ! Travelling with the pets by private jet....

Or is this just another bot getting (too much) creative ?

• Haha
Reactions: tel522 and Shadrach

meremortal

Jun 12, 2023
Well, we have very VIP members on here now ! Travelling with the pets by private jet....

Or is this just another bot getting (too much) creative ?
i'lll ignore those comments. some ppl put nature and animals first. yes, it is hard to believe. ps they're not my pets they are farm animals i have rescued over the past 23 years and wish to provide them a better life than the last subject did. and, by the way, we eat raw organic food (mostly grown in the garden)

Last edited:

meremortal

Jun 12, 2023
th
You have probably found this post from searching already and it contains a snippet regards air travel of a dog outwards so you may wish to see if you can contact the poster despite it being an old post. Otherwise all I have heard is of making the sea crossing from Java quietly.

https://balipod.com/forum/threads/taking-a-bali-dog-to-germany.12329/#post-117785

As you indicate, you understand the paperwork, so you know it's technically illegal and fido gets the death penalty if caught.

Best wishes and hope this help

meremortal

Jun 12, 2023
thanks for this. i'll check it out. i've got birds rather than a dog (my greyhound is fading too rapdily so i'm allowing him the peace to stay put until he passes and then make trax, hopefully with the hens and chapatti the indian game bantam rooster - eight years in the making). i think there are actual transporters from java who have an 'expensive' set up with govt agents and one can now bring their dog or cat in without worrying about euthanasia and being caught; however, i haven't researched this thoroughly to my liking. yes, i've thought about the java bit; however, missing the prying eyes of bali (eg going to another island). now everyone knows!! no matter what i would never leave my animals in someone elses hands so the transporters are out with me.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
r

r u kidding? heh heh. fooking hens of course!
This just about takes the biscuit. You want to pay (private jet) to deliver some old Chook chooks :rolleyes: to BalI?
Well at least it won't be any bow wows or mooh, moohs. Have heard you have quite a few meh, mehs in Oz too. Best keep them there to look after the itty bitty bah, bahs.

Personally I couldn't give a feck, feck for any of them unless they were on a plate.

Reactions: Shadrach

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
i'lll ignore those comments. some ppl put nature and animals first. yes, it is hard to believe. ps they're not my pets they are farm animals i have rescued over the past 23 years and wish to provide them a better life than the last subject did. and, by the way, we eat raw organic food (mostly grown in the garden)
Bots and synthetic food sound about normal....

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
my bad for not realising it wasn't dogs you were planning to import.

Possibly on a positive note, my understanding is that the specific Bali / rest of Indonesia ban on importing animals is specific to rabies carrying species ie mainly dogs - so probably wouldn't apply to your case. For all I know you might be able to pack your birds onto a bus / plane and bring them into Bali with no fuss at all.

Sorry, I am no help however on how you might bring them into Indonesia presumably as pets.

You might want to try these folks as they are an Indonesian pet relocation company (https://groovypettransport.com/) that I have heard of in passing. I am in no way endorsing them and as always salespersons exist to clock up sales so buyer beware but talking to them is free.

You could also reach out to BAWA but I suspect they'll tell you to not bother (https://bawabali.com/)

Best of luck

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Have also used groovy pets and can say they were very good importing our dog into Bali - yes, yes it was illegal. It was the only thing in a long life that I've ever done that was illegal and my wife made me do it.