Police on alert of possible Obama visit to Bali

balinews

Even though there has yet to be any official confirmation that Obama will visit Bali as part of his Indonesia tour, the police are preparing for possible terrorist acts.

From Jakarta Post:

Although the visit of US President Barack Obama to Bali has yet to be confirmed, the Bali Police are preparing anticipatory measures against possible terrorist attacks following the recent death of terrorist fugitive Dulmatin.

The Bali Police on Thursday held a coordination meeting with forces in the province to discuss safeguarding measures during Obama’s visit.

At the meeting, the police discussed force and equipment readiness and locations that were prone to security disturbance.

“Terrorist threats have always been safeguarding measure priorities. Although Dulmatin died in the recent arrest, we remain vigilant,” Bali Police chief Insp. Gen. Sutisna said.

He said there were no indicators that the terrorist group had entered the island. To anticipate a terrorist attack, the police have tightened security at several entry points, including Gilimanuk and Padangbai seaports and Ngurah Rai airport.

Sutisna said that the police were set to deploy 2,432 personnel to safeguard four places that Obama plans to visit.

I think the best assistance Balinese police can offer is to stand out of the way and let somebody else do it......

He said there were no indicators that the terrorist group had entered the island. To anticipate a terrorist attack, the police have tightened security at several entry points, including Gilimanuk and Padangbai seaports and Ngurah Rai airport.

What? You mean they're gunna actually do their jobs instead of hustling hookers and tourists from Java???? I'll believe it when I see it...(and in years and years I've never seen it....)

Maybe the US Police would be the one managing the police here or maybe the security would be better provided by the US government.

I see your point guys. On the other hand, it took THREE weeks for for Made Pastika to catch Amrozi, but the FBI is STILL looking to catch bin Laden after NINE years! :icon_lol:

Back