Open a business in Bali

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
Does anybody have advice on how to open a business in Bali?? such as; money changer, store...etc
and how much would the cost be??
And also, if you own a house in bali, how much are the yearly property taxes???
Please advise.

Thanks

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
Hi Sumatra how are you ? firstly if you would like open business in Bali you should to know what is the local prices of rental the shop, local guide may I say as I know if you open shop base on what kind of business you like to open ? and have you research the cost of living in Bali is so high above average the other Indonesian living . So please look and do your research on basis local business as people in Bali and most of Indonesian love to negotiate before they purchase anything . So important basic if you know what Bali people and Indonesian culture from then make a lot of friends of the local. ALl the best for your business. Check to to your nearest Indonesian Embassy and Indonesia Consulate .cheers

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
Hi Chin,

I'm doing well, thanks for your reply. Yes, I probably should do the research first but don't know where to start. Do you know how much you have to pay for the property taxes??

Thanks.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
To setup a company, like a C.V. (Commanditaire Vennootschap) you don't need much. A notary deed should be enough. Even foreigners can invest in some way in a C.V., or a C.V. can hire foreigners (Kitas)

I guess that for every type business there would be specific needs...

Property taxes are very very low compared to the "west".....

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
Hi Bert, Nice to talk to you again. I haven't really been online lately, still trying to sell our home back in the states. Not a good market right now though.
I'm thinking about opening a store, selling chothing, accessories etc...
How much do you think would be the cost?? roughtly...

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
Hi Bert how are you :) its good to be here this place so informative .
By the way think of open business in Bali ..have you consider to say make a survey like visiting Bali first as a tourist and check around what people do like like food or maybe owning accomodation and open for tourist for like bed and breakfast .or if you really like outdoor activity ..try to know hows to make monies from say if the tourist like to go to hiking, maybe doing some walking in national park . like a tour guide people love that .

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
A small shop shouldn't be too much. From 5 million to 30 million rupiah a year, depending an size and location.

The new shops across Hardy's in Singaraja were 12 or 20, can't remember...

Depending on where what if, you should have not too much startup costs...

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
I have a advise for you cause open a business in Bali if you with your family reconsidering live in Bali please rather than rental your home so expensive there they charging so much price for foreigners .. much preffer you own your home and get a local people who you trust to give u a guide . House in Bali approx around Rupiah 60,000,000 ...if you rent said cause you are foreigner they will charge like Rupiah 2,000,000 per months i mean cmon this is ridiculous.and if you dont mind check it the way they live i know this kinda indonesian /balinese cause i have half dutch half bali mom married with chinese dad.. and i am born in indonesia hows multicultural is this. :)

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
That's a great price Bert, I think we can do that and thanks Chin, for the suggestion, we did visit Bali last February 07. We couldn't wait to move to Bali. Also we are very nervous cuz we have to start all over again and still trying to find a good health insurance in bali.

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
Hi sumatra this is only idea people in Bali use so much motor cycle or bicycle for their transportation have you reconsider to open business around motor cycle spare part or something big monies there :| . i know this cause of of my mom side family open spare part business for cars, motorcycle and onlee empoy 4 people in their business. and they are wealthy family " good on them " :) cheers hope this help .. where i got all this business thinggo in my head thanks to my chinese dad ..lol

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
The Cost goes to Medical Practicioner if you feel a bit of colours ( dokter people say in Bali or Indonesian ) around Rupiah 12,000 to 15,000 per visit and you have to know and come around what time the Docter practice open . and when you go to chemist (apotek ) the price of medicine its not too expensive . In Indonesia Antibiotic / penicilin (Amoxylin ) its sell free different from others country u need prescribe . If say u need transportation cheaper by public transportation ( angkutan umum ) . Live in Bali they know food such as Rice so popular the rest of the food is garnish . Plenty coffee shop in Bali and Warung Internet ( public internet ) maybe around Rupiah 8000 per hour so cheap yup re internet. "

Sumatra

May 4, 2008
Boston
as in the state, we're paying in monthly and will covered surgery, doctor's visit, any kind of test and ....etc. I'm not sure how's work in bali.

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
In Indonesia or Bali we dont all citizen include foreigners should to pay their own medical or visit to Medical Practicioner .. as i mentioned above the cost of Dokter expensive for average Balinese and Indonesian so many people used alternative medicine herbal ( Jamu medicine in java they use) . So if you feel a bit sick just look at Yellow pages what kinda dokter or even the Dentist you have to pay your self .so no reimbursement here whilst you pay u can not get your monies back. And if you planning to give good education to your children i much prefer look to the best option you can get as education so important for children .

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
Dentist in Indonesia or Bali usually around $35,000 per visit and they will do your filling or check your teeth ... thats what they charged me anyway when i was in Bali just ask the other people around how much he/she charge for Dentist before you make an appointment. For Angkutan Umum ( transportation ) i much prefer buy a car there like KIJANG ( toyota four wheel drive) u could carry up to 8 people and whatever you want to load into your car ..around Rupiah 45,000,000 and this car very reliable .

chintia

Jun 26, 2008
I am sorry not $ 35,000 i mean Rupiah 35,000 per visit Dentist no worries as i feel like if i am move to overseas people very helpfull to give me info .its my pleasure to help out whilst you want to enter my born Country Indonesia .