One way ticket ...

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Just so typical of the visa experience in Indonesia. My consulate in Perth Australia does not require onward ticket, the one in Frankfurt doesn't, but the one in Ottawa does. I wonder if the Ottawa embassy is being 'strict' or if they just have poor training, I suspect the later.
If you needed an onward ticket you would have issues on arrival - which I have never, ever had. And neither have many other friends who also live in Indonesia.

G

The Indonesian Embassy, Ottawa actually lists a "Copy of confirmed round trip Airline ticket/ Electronic ticket" as a requirement for the Social Family Visit Visa and the Social/Cultural Visit Visa. The Indonesian Embassy in Canberra requires "A copy of the airline ticket/itinerary from the travel agent". The consulate in Melbourne site lists "Proof of a return ticket, or a ticket to continue travel to another country (or flight booking statement from a Travel Agent)" for the Social Cultural Visa.

It seems like that is the "official" requirement. That's the trouble with regulations that aren't normally enforced. When they suddenly are enforced they can give you a rude shock. :shock:

BTW I'm not sure what holding an electronic ticket or itinerary proves. A devious person could simply print one out themselves. As I understand it a consulate wouldn't have any way to verify the information, at least in Australia, because of privacy laws.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
The form I completed this time at the consulate in Sydney also asked for a copy of my itinerary or return/onward airline ticket. As I hadn't confirmed my flight booking at the time of applying, I submitted the form without either. I collected my passport with the sosial budaya 5 days later. So, it seems that even "official" is not official. Go figure.

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
The form I fill always has had that section, but the Consulate staff say 'Dont' need that part, come back in 3 days'. My assumption was that the form is generic for some other sitation.
I note the Perth consulate web site doesn't have any requirements other than sponsor letter and $60.

natalie

Mar 28, 2007
Western Australia
Hi i have just recieved my social visa had a one way ticket to Bali now when i have to leave Bali for a visa run ill fly to either singapore or KL..checked out the price of a return ticket with air asia to KL was $150.00 return not bad going..does air asia go to singapore (prob a stupid question) and if so does anyone know the cost of it

Thanks for any help given
Natalie

natalie

Mar 28, 2007
Western Australia
Re: RE: One way ticket ...

FreoGirl said:
The form I fill always has had that section, but the Consulate staff say 'Dont' need that part, come back in 3 days'. My assumption was that the form is generic for some other sitation.
I note the Perth consulate web site doesn't have any requirements other than sponsor letter and $60.

Hi Freogirl i had the exactly same experience ,,dont need that,dont worry about that etc etc..Had to smile thought i was in bali for a moment haha..

Natalie

wepro

Nov 8, 2005
Canggu
2 years ago when I moved to Bali I got a one-way ticket only.
Not shure if the Indonesian Consulate asked for a return ticket I booked an additional ticket from Padang to Singapore with "Tiger Airways" by Internet. It cost about 6 USD (If you book some weeks in advance).
I sent a copy from this e-ticket to the Indonesian Consulate together with all the other requested documents. I never used this ticket so 6 $ were gone.
Now I know its not necessary to have a return ticket but maybe this hint might be useful for somebody who must have a return ticket to get the visa.

Werner