nyepi internet closure ??

Please don't get me wrong...I'm all for the celebrations and traditions I see in Bali...that's one reason I'm here. What I find wrong is that religious zealots try to bully everyone to their way of observing those rituals. It's the same with the pecalang getting bossy instead of friendly when they patrol...they sometimes act like gangsters. I saw one throw stones at a window because there was a peek of light.
This is how religions end up begetting terrorists. Decent, pious people need to stand up to those extremists and illogical thinkers.
Nyepi is a time for reflection, and it needs quiet, but some reflect in different ways and don't need to be ordered around and having all facilities cut-off. That wasn't the intent of Nyepi in the first place....it's a voluntary act just like fasting...where there's no need to close all restaurants!

Last edited:
Reply to myself "it won't happen"

It's looking like it will, but I'm still not sure. Depends on what you read (or hear).
Don't really care, apart from I still think it's silly.
I guess we'll all find out on Saturday, one way or another.

:(

I think this is really over the top. And dangerous too. In case of an accident or another emergency you cannot even look up a phone number ... That is a bit scary. Lots of people have only mobile internet.

I really do not get it! Let these xxx Dow hat they think they have to do. maybe they use the quiet 24 hours to reflect what harm they do to this beautiful island day by day, covering the paradise with 1000 of tons of garbage for example...

Do you think a foreign country might attack Bali, while the nets down. Sneak under the radar, how will Jakarta warn Bali , Mmmn. Well I will be catching up on my Love making for 24 hours or is this a no go too. Don't need the net for this and don't want it for this too. If there's a power strike and the windows cant be opened, also curtains well I will be getting even hitter and sweatier. T.

Do you think a foreign country might attack Bali, while the nets down. Sneak under the radar, how will Jakarta warn Bali , Mmmn. Well I will be catching up on my Love making for 24 hours or is this a no go too. Don't need the net for this and don't want it for this too. If there's a power strike and the windows cant be opened, also curtains well I will be getting even hitter and sweatier. T.
I hear OZ is building a bigger and better Defence force, First colonise Mars , and with this new knowledge the rest of the World. Will they be able to achieve this in 24 hours, maybe I also hear they are building a rubber pontoon bridge to Bali using recycled plastic. Madness is everywhere. T.

I hear OZ is building a bigger and better Defence force, First colonise Mars , and with this new knowledge the rest of the World. Will they be able to achieve this in 24 hours, maybe I also hear they are building a rubber pontoon bridge to Bali using recycled plastic. Madness is everywhere. T.
Bali needs to protect their mountain of rubbish as OZ will need it to build more pontoon bridges. T.

The Ozzies may not be on Mars yet but there's proof water is on Mars...
here's the proof....

getPart

Image is not loading

That's weird...when I posted it was a clear image....when you posted # 30 it was still a clear image.
Now you posted # 3 I cannot see the image either.
I'm going to delete all my ref. and suggest you do the same to prevent confusion.

Maybe log out and back in helps...

Edit: no. Never mind. Maybe this is a cache problem on forum side

Last edited:
Maybe log out and back in helps...

Edit: no. Never mind. Maybe this is a cache problem on forum side
More weird.....Harry...when I now scroll back to your post # 29 I see the Image that I posted and you replied to. funny stuff this IT.

Edit: I repeated again just now and the image has gone.....I give up.

Last edited:
Agreed with post #21
I am a newbie in Bali but not in the world and when I see religion being enforced to everybody and in a non negociable way I dont feel confortable.
And when I see the mention "religious police" (whatever it is called) I really feel unconfortable. Most tend to be zealots, whatever the religion they "defend".
Last time I met them was in Saudi...not really sympatic people...

I can’t figure out what is more frightening for you moaners.
1. No Internet for 24 h (99.9% of the time used just to waste your own and others time)
2. OmG, I can't go out (but you haven't been out for weeks anyway)
3. You are asked, literally, to STFU for a day and make no noise. (Scary, because you hate to hear all those thoughts of yours you can usually ignore by constantly yapping over them)
4. Because complaining is what you do.
5. All the above

6.(add your own)

No need to get mad. Just kidding...

I can’t figure out what is more frightening for you moaners.
1. No Internet for 24 h (99.9% of the time used just to waste your own and others time)
2. OmG, I can't go out (but you haven't been out for weeks anyway)
3. You are asked, literally, to STFU for a day and make no noise. (Scary, because you hate to hear all those thoughts of yours you can usually ignore by constantly yapping over them)
4. Because complaining is what you do.
5. All the above

6.(add your own)

No need to get mad. Just kidding...

Do all herr trumpv supporters hold your views ?

No need to get mad ..just kidding .

Maybe I am paranoid, but I kind of fear now that internet shutdowns could now be used at other times by the government. Ramadan maybe or around election times.

Countries where ramadan is a topic, you got the special police up your ar* 24/7 already now.

Truly amazing how EU, UK, AU etc allow those lunatcs ( while whining about everything else) to slowly take over. They'll cut your net off for 24/365 and then start chopping of some other stuff too.

Last edited:
I suggest to any one here complaining /whining about nyepi day. an important day for bali religion...respect your hosts..go to singapore for the week end....

Back