No KITAS needed anymore for children?

CAP

Jun 9, 2006
Australia
Very good then,good luck with it and I look forward to your explanation of a very succesfull process. FYI- We moved to WA 7 mths ago after 7 years in Indo so Yuni could further her education at University here.
The changes have been Horific in the negative and exciting in the positve,the biggest thing we miss are the people. The kids 11 and 8 have become fluent in English real quick and seem to love the wide open spaces etc.
We will be moving back home as soon as things are sorted.
Regards to you both and Selamat Tahun baru Ya.Semoga lancar dan happy.
CAP

BLI GEDE

Jan 8, 2006
Negara Salju
Firstly, apologies for a lengthy absence from posting. We have been extremely busy working towards our impending return to Bali.

I just wanted to revive this thread with the happy news that yesterday we received documentation from the consulate confirming that our daughter is now a dual Canadian/ Indonesian citizen!

The process was 5 months start to finish. It was fairly straightforward with only some minor hiccups owing to the newness of the procedure. On the whole we were kept very well informed by the consulate throughout the process.

I would again like to thank all contributors to this forum for the excellent information provided. It really helps to know that other people are going through these things too.

Matur Suksema,
Bli Gede

CAP

Jun 9, 2006
Australia
Hai Bli Gede,great news for the freedom of your family,my question is did you apply and receive this dual citizenship for putrimu in Canada or in Indonesia,I hope you answer Canada as this will mean we too can proced with our kids docs here in Aust.
Matur Suwun
Cap

BLI GEDE

Jan 8, 2006
Negara Salju
Hey Cap,
We processed her application here in Canada. I can't comment on the criteria required in Australia, but I'll note that ALL the forms used in our application process were on the letterhead of the Vancouver consulate. I imagine that the requirements would be similar.

All in,with photos and courier fees and so forth I think the outlay was about CAD $300. Part of the reason we filed in Canada was the ease of communication using couriers rather than wearing a groove in the road between Ubud and Renon.

Best of luck,
Nuwun
Bli Gede

CAP

Jun 9, 2006
Australia
Hai Gede,Thanks for the confirmation regarding your daughters sucesscfull dual citizenship application.
Amazing really eh ! Its heartwarming to see a mixed couple acctually getting thru the red tape.
Selamat berhasil ya dan semoga masa depan bisa jadi sangat jelas.
I will contact the consulate here soon.
Wouldnt it be nice if they could keep dual for life.
Salam dari saya
CAP