Newbie says hi and quick intro

panhead_pete

Mar 27, 2007
Perth until 17/4 then Kuta!!!!!
Hi Guys and Gals
Just thought I would post a qiuck hello and an intro. My name is Pete and Im an Environmental Scienctist who has taken a sabatical for a while - maybe forever :) I have a wide range of interests including surfing, hot rods, an old harley or two, collecting art, interior design and a whole lot more in between.

I have been to Bali four times previously and am on my way back in mid April for 2 months, having rented a little villa in Kuta. Really love the place and if I could find a way to use my skills in a maeningful way I'd jump right in. I have just got involved in one Bali charity but am interested to learn more about others. Would also consider a full time position in my field as well.

Well I wont take up anymore of your time and I'll go back reviewing past threads so I dont re-ask those questions already posted. Thanks.

Cheers
Pete

PS If possible I'd like to catch up with a few expats who are "living the dream" whilst Im there this trip to chat about any oppurtunities for an expat like myself.

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
hi pete,
am also a newbie. i'll be there next year. i'm sure you'll love your time there.
ct

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Hi panhead

...If possible I'd like to catch up with a few expats who are "living the dream" whilst I'm there this trip to chat about any opportunities for an expat like myself...

I'm an expat "living the dream", more or less. Not sure of currently available opportunities for environmental scientists in Bali, but I met one from Canada a few years ago. He didn't earn much money but he still keeps coming back.

You're welcome to visit us, if you like. Just send a PM (personal message) for contact details.
We live in Sanur and over a dozen posters from this forum have visited in the recent past. No complaints so far.

:D

PeterCatchpole

Oct 22, 2006
UK
Hi Pete, good to have another petrolhead aboard, myself and few other expats have started a petrolhead club, if you're interested in meeting over a beer or two, send me a pm and we can arrange to meet up.

panhead_pete

Mar 27, 2007
Hey Pete here's a pic of my coupe on the 1/4 mile. The bug has just bitten me :) Have another car to build when I get back. :)

normal_20070217_IMG_0501.jpg

natalie

Mar 28, 2007
Western Australia
Hi all my name is Natalie and I live in Mandurah W.A im off to Bali 1st June for 16 days and looking at relocating early next year to Bali. I have found this forum very interesting with relations to Bali and "living the dream" and other topics.. anyway hope to meet some nice people along the way.

Warms Wishes
Natalie

InAdelaide

Oct 14, 2004
Australia
Welcome, I moved to Bali 8 months ago and reading through the older postings is really worth it , the info that people put on here has come in handy.....

Ipanema

Aug 19, 2004
Hi Natalie and InAdeliade

Can I ask are you both retired. So many people are moving to Bali.

panhead_pete

Mar 27, 2007
Really slow 16.5s :( Has 302, auto and 2.73 gears in the diff and is set up for cruizn and is loads of fun. 8) Have done the carbon offsets too.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c391/panhead_pete/000_0303.jpg

This tudor will have a big block in it and I'm aiming for 10s with that. Although it will be chopped and channelled.

Sorry to the other guys if this makes on sense :D

Has anyone seen the Rasta guys criuzn around on thier chopper vespas??? Saw them in Feb riding around having fun.