New Zealand Visa For Indonesian Spouse

mister567

Jul 21, 2017
Can anyone advise about the visa process for bringing my Indonesian wife to New Zealand for tourism?

I’m American and my wife is Balinese. Of course we both have plenty of funds in our bank accounts to support the trip, and she’s already visited other first world countries with me before without overstaying (Japan and Taiwan).

What are our chances of getting approved? Can anyone share their experiences? The NZ consulate in Bali doesn’t have a phone number listed online, but it sounds like the application fee is over 2 million rupiah.

Apparently we also stand to lose all the money spent on our flights if she’s rejected, so it seems like a big risk.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
I am Austrian, my wife Balinese. We had absolutely no problem tomget the visa and travelled for about a month in lovely NZ

Reactions: admin

mister567

Jul 21, 2017
I am Austrian, my wife Balinese. We had absolutely no problem tomget the visa and travelled for about a month in lovely NZ
That is encouraging, thanks.

Do you mind me asking, did she have a job in Bali when you applied?

My wife is not working anymore. She quit her job after we got married, my idea, because I wanted her to have more free time with me.

Will 20 million rupiah in her bank account be enough?

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
It's correct use VSF global, I don't know about NZ, but I had my Indo gf quit her job because her boss was grabbing her tits, treating her like human trash etc.

Paid all her bills, got set up in a since apartment, had decent money to show in her bank, 30 million plus at one stage.

The Australian Government rejected the application and basically said, because she's not working. she's got no incentive to return to Indonesia and would likely overstay her visa. So declined.

Also just apply for the visa, don't book air tickets until it's approved. I won't be donating anymore dollars to the Australian government better i just come here.

mister567

Jul 21, 2017
@PERtoDPS

As far as I know, booking flights is absolutely required before applying for the NZ visa, and I thought for the Aus visa too.

Seems like a huge and unreasonable risk to me.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
We definitely did not book or pay flights before apply Australian visa, just putting in the application "will book flights these dates pending visa approval" and advised the dates

But I have to say, I didn't look it to process for NZ just Aus

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
The Australian Government rejected the application and basically said, because she's not working. she's got no incentive to return to Indonesia and would likely overstay her visa. So declined.
As far as I am aware, the Australian government never gives a specific reason for rejecting a visa. There are probably very good reasons why. As for speculating explicitly that somebody would be likely to overstay their visa and therefore be committing a crime under Australian law, that is patently ridiculous. The immigration department may be authoritarian and heartless, but they are not stupid. They wouldn't lay themselves open to a defamation case like that. Are you sure that is what the rejection letter said or are you just extrapolating?

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
As far as I am aware, the Australian government never gives a specific reason for rejecting a visa. There are probably very good reasons why. As for speculating explicitly that somebody would be likely to overstay their visa and therefore be committing a crime under Australian law, that is patently ridiculous. The immigration department may be authoritarian and heartless, but they are not stupid. They wouldn't lay themselves open to a defamation case like that. Are you sure that is what the rejection letter said or are you just extrapolating?

I’m sure, I’ll post some quotes from it soon, very tired

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I will post for you enough of an expert so you can get the point and we don’t DOX the application Sam D:

Having reviewed the evidence provided, I note that in the visa application form, you stated that are unemployed. You appear to have no income stream generated from your own employment or business interests. As such, I do not consider that you have strong
Visa Class
VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600)

-4-
employment or economic incentives to return to Indonesia at the end of your proposed stay in Australia.
You have provided limited evidence of any previous travel or demonstrated previous compliance with immigration laws in Australia or other countries with immigration legislation similar to that of Australia. I therefore place limited weight on previous international travel as evidence that you will comply with your visa conditions and depart Australia within the validity of your visa.
Decision
As you do not meet one or more clauses in Schedule 2 of the Regulations, I find that you do not meet the criteria for the grant of a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa.
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I stand corrected. Aus immigration are even more arrogant and discriminatory than I imagined. So if you don't have a job and haven't been to Australia before then don't bother applying for a visa. Guilty until proved innocent. I'd like to see Indonesia apply the same criteria to all tourists from Australia. That would halve the number of surfers for a start.

Reactions: mister567

harryopal

May 5, 2016
When Japanese tourists were coming to Australia i the late sixties or early seventies the CEO of the Australian Tourist Commission said that visa requirements for unmarried Japanese women had all such applicants being treated as probable prostitutes.