New old guy

Craig Swanson

Nov 29, 2017
I used to live in Banyuwangi about 25 years ago but loved Bali more. Does anyone remember a restaurant on Poppies 2 called Batu Bolong? If you entered from Legian it was on the right hand side. Below street level about waist height.

I just saw a video with someone walking down that street and didn't see it. When I was there it used to be a dirt road and they were fixing the drainage beneth the sidewalks.

Craig

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Mate believe me when I tell you that you wouldn't recognize ANYTHING there! I saw Poppies 2 first in 2002 and - I guess 2 or 3 years ago - I went there to find a restaurant (Secret garden) as well and I was shocked how it looks.

REVOLUTION EATS ITS CHILDREN. Most people go north-west now. I heard people saying Pererenan is already getting too crowded.

Sanur for example is pretty empty.

Craig Swanson

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah I guess most places evolve right. Poppies 2 has a huge mall near the beach. When I was there it was a grassy field. And Sanur was pretty empty when I was there too, but compared to Kuta everything was empty.

Craig Swanson

Nov 29, 2017
exactly. the place I'm talking about was close to the Sari Club that got bombed. The family that owned Batu Bolong restaurant owned some other property on Poppies 2 and Legian. Matter of fact I think they used to own a gift/tee shirt shop right next to Sari club.