Moving in january 2019

Mimi77

Aug 28, 2018
Hi All,
My name is Mia and I am from Australia. I am hoping to move to bali in January 2019 with my family 3 children, 4, 13 and 14 years old. My husband works off a small island near broome australia and we hope that bali is a good option to stay for 12 months.
I understand that we can only stay for 3 months and then will need to exit country for visa reasons. I am a mental health social worker so would love to give back to community while I'm there. My biggest concern is schooling for my eldest children. I thought about home schooling however does anyone have any ideas about schooling? I dont want to disadvantage my children by moving.
Anyone has ideas on which area I was thinking ubud? Or thoughts about housing?
Thanks
Mia

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Some years ago living in Malaysia with a similar concern to yours I arranged correspondence schooling through the Australian education system in Melbourne. We then employed a local person to take them through the correspondence material and it worked well so that there was no disruption to the continuity of their schooling when we returned to Australia. You might see if such a facility is still available.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Giving back to the community,nice thought,however that`s considered as working in Indonesia ,even though you would be doing so for free as a volunteer,it`s still against the regulations,and if caught will cause big problems,even deportation,

Mimi77

Aug 28, 2018
Some years ago living in Malaysia with a similar concern to yours I arranged correspondence schooling through the Australian education system in Melbourne. We then employed a local person to take them through the correspondence material and it worked well so that there was no disruption to the continuity of their schooling when we returned to Australia. You might see if such a facility is
Some years ago living in Malaysia with a similar concern to yours I arranged correspondence schooling through the Australian education system in Melbourne. We then employed a local person to take them through the correspondence material and it worked well so that there was no disruption to the continuity of their schooling when we returned to Australia. You might see if such a facility is still available.

Thank you very much for the advise I will do some research into home schooling.
Mia

Mimi77

Aug 28, 2018
Giving back to the community,nice thought,however that`s considered as working in Indonesia ,even though you would be doing so for free as a volunteer,it`s still against the regulations,and if caught will cause big problems,even deportation,

Thanks for advise
I will be sure not to give back to community :)

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
You must leave after 60 days unless you have a social visa which allows you to stay 6 months. Google Sosbud Visa.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
You can arrive on a 30 day visa but you must pay us$ 35 and then extend for another 30 days. I f you use an agent to do the extension it will cost you about another Rp800,000. Then you can do a visa run to Singapore or Malaysia and repeat the process all over again. These costs are per person so it will cost you a lot.
I did this twice and had no problems with immigration but not sure about doing it six times back to back.

Reactions: Mimi77

Mimi77

Aug 28, 2018
You can arrive on a 30 day visa but you must pay us$ 35 and then extend for another 30 days. I f you use an agent to do the extension it will cost you about another Rp800,000. Then you can do a visa run to Singapore or Malaysia and repeat the process all over again. These costs are per person so it will cost you a lot.
I did this twice and had no problems with immigration but not sure about doing it six times back to back.

I thought I could stay 90 days before needing to leave the country. Every 2 months seems like a lot.

Mimi77

Aug 28, 2018
You must leave after 60 days unless you have a social visa which allows you to stay 6 months. Google Sosbud Visa.
Well I've done my research and I think in the future a sosbud visa is the go. Just need a friend to sponsor me :)

Amelia1985

Feb 12, 2019
Giving back to the community,nice thought,however thats considered as working in Indonesia ,even though you would be doing so for free as a volunteer,its still against the regulations,and if caught will cause big problems,even deportation,
is there a short term (three month visa) that would allow work or volunteer- teaching children