Mount Agung erupts.

FlightAware281117.jpg Gotta love Batik Air flight 6541 from Kupang to Jakarta this morning. Volcano, what volcano?
FlightAware281117.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In Gianyar area yesterday we were waiting for heavy rain since 1 pm and never rain! it was so rare, the sky was so dark many times and there was a lot thunder and lightning on the sky all the time, but not rain came down.

According to the FR24 playback BTK 6541 flew over Bali at 38,000 ft., which is considerably higher than the 25,000 ft. the Darwin VAAC says was the maximum altitude of the Volcanic Ash.
Fair enough, but I also reviewed the playback for today and it seemed that this aircraft is the only one that chose to fly directly over Bali. All the rest flew well north of the island.

Fair enough, but I also reviewed the playback for today and it seemed that this aircraft is the only one that chose to fly directly over Bali. All the rest flew well north of the island.

Were the others also flying from Kupang to Jakarta? Most airlines will fly the most direct route, or the route where the wind is most beneficial.
edit: Just took a look myself and currently most are flying to the North of Bali.... even from Lombok to Surabaya like Lion 177 and BTK 6506 from JKT to LOP....but of course they wouldn't be at that altitude either arriving or departing LOP.

Last edited:
The cyclone Cempaka off the south coast of east Java is sucking air from the volcano cloud and that's why the predicted ash pattern hasn't happened.
It could affect south Bali because of this and the cyclone weather has caused rain in Java and the railway has closed. It has also caused huge waves and the Bali-Java ferry was stopped.
There's a saying....'It never rains but it pours'.......very apt!

The cyclone Cempaka off the south coast of east Java is sucking air from the volcano cloud and that's why the predicted ash pattern hasn't happened.
It could affect south Bali because of this and the cyclone weather has caused rain in Java and the railway has closed. It has also caused huge waves and the Bali-Java ferry was stopped.
There's a saying....'It never rains but it pours'.......very apt!
is the ferry stopped now? when?

Back