Most romantic hotel/area?

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
Hello,
A colleague of mine wants to go to Bali on their honeymoon. She asked me if I could recommend some romantic beautiful hotels. Although we've been a few times to Bali I never stayed in a 'romantic' hotel :wink: .
So, where is a nice hotel (not the very expensive ones). Which is the most romantic area of Bali (sandy beaches, beautiful sunset...) Thank you.

G

HI Patatje... i wish someone wud reply to ur questions too cos i'm going for my Honeymoon... in Bali too... :oops: and its obvious i want an answer heheheheeh ... :oops:
:?:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hmmm, I’ve of the mind that most hotels in Bali are romantic to one degree or another. Whether on the beach, or nestled among the sawahs of Ubud, or in more remote areas, there are tons of “boutique” or smaller resorts that offer very private accommodations, excellent service…when you want it, and an atmosphere that could even make one romantic towards their in-laws! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think if you re-post with the budget you have in mind, and do a good search on the internet, you’ll certainly come up with many excellent suggestions for your colleague.

G

There are numerous romantic hotels in Bali. The big question is budget. If money is no object, stay at The Four Seasons Sayan and Jimbaran Bay or Amankila and Amandari. It doesn't get any more romantic or pampered. If you are on a smaller budget, there are many beautiful and romantic hotels all over Bali. It depends on whether you want to be at the Beach or in Ubud, the cultural center of Bali. I highly recommend the Beach at Nusa Dua and there are many reasonably priced, lovely hotels there. The Sheraton Laguna is wonderful. Hire a driver and travel around and you will find surprises everywhere. Ubud has some very nice, less expensive hotels, The Tjampuan, The Arma Resort, Komaneka Suites. I have not seen them, but the Maya resorts are supposed to be very nice. I hope this helps. Wherever you stay, you will have a wonderful time. Bali is a magical place. I hope your wedding and honeymoon are perfect.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
I do not understand why you highly recommend the beach of Nusa Dua when one demands a nice quiet romantic beach?

You name Sheraton Laguna, which is one of the most expensive hotels in Nusa Dua, thereby their facilities are in a serious decay!!!

Indeed the Maya is an excellent resort, where privacy and service are high! The maya also won several awards... you can choose out of suites or just a standard room...

If you require luxury but if you want to spend less, take a look at Bali Hyatt, with its romantic garden and typical balinese architecture and atmosphere...

Talking about boutique hotels in remote area I would recommend the mimpie resort in menjangan, romantic in its hot springs and quietness and beauty all around you...

But there are so many nice places like roy said... it would better if you would mention your preferences then I would be happy to recommend you one...

good luck...

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
Thanks all of you. My colleague has to choose between several hotels for their honeymoon-package. So I looked for the hotelnames here. Because the photo's she got to see (in the travel-agency) can not tell her if it's romantic and nice. Now I already can give her a list of hotels from experience. I also told her that it is less expensive to book a hotel here then to book it from Belgium. But she has never been far away on holiday and is a very organised person. So she feels more at ease when everything is arranged before she leaves.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
If you would consider Nusa Lembongan as a romantic area, the Nusa Lembongan resort is not the best, then I would consider the waka resort on Nusa Lembongan where the service level and number of activities are higher.

G

Hello,

I have been the first time in Bali last year in November. It was the first time for me, that I have gone so far. I live in Holland en I never have been further than europe. I stayed in hotel Bunga permai, http://www.bungapermai.nl , this hotel is 10 minutes from Ubud en in the middle of the sawa's. The staff there is very nice and helpful and they have arranged wonderful last evening together with a friend of us. The whole restaurant including the stairs to the restaurant have been one see of flowers. This was very romantic and nice. But I have to say, that this hotel is in a very quiet place. If you need lots of trouble, than it might be the wrong one for you.

Selamat manis dari Ingrid

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Bunga Permai is in my village, Bunutan-Kedewatan. It is however, not at all located in the middle of the sawahs, but rather is perched on the edge of a gorge. There isn't a rice field in sight, but the views are indeed wonderful.

While it is a fine and reasonable cost place to stay, and I did many times before my house was finished, I would not call it romantic spot, as there is little privacy there.

G

Come on Roy matey who needs privacy to be romantic when the moment feels right. I should know that mate as i have felt romantic in a crowded nightclub surrounded by people but just me and the girl had eyes for each other. Howzit going Roy anyway....i see you were out on a day time drinking session with young Cassienne....fair play to you mate enjoy life and live it to the full as just lately ive found outit can be cut short so quickly. Sorry to sound depressing but im getting back there mate. Enjoy....

Burt hows business for you......busy i trust and i also read that you were out burning the candle by both ends....glad you enjoyed the company and time.

Regs Sparky

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hey Sparky! Where I come from, being romantic on a honeymoon involves more than "having eyes for one another." :shock: :shock: :shock:

So yea, privacy matters. :D

G

the most exotically romantic place has got to be this little place in Canggu Beach called Tugu Bali... you are guaranteed to fall in love all over again! that's what happened to me at least. check out their website tuguhotels.com

G

Anonymous said:
the most exotically romantic place has got to be this little place in Canggu Beach called Tugu Bali... you are guaranteed to fall in love all over again! that's what happened to me at least. check out their website tuguhotels.com
where is bali and what is the best hotel to stay at there?

G

im going to bali for my honeymoon with jun ye sung and i want an unromatic hotel whre is it?