Mistakes, Stars, Tiger

Bert Vierstra

Today I let myself get caught again by "another forum" and made, in my anger about some things, horrible mistakes; mixing up and accusing people, shame on me. Fortunately the administrator of this forum granted my request to remove the thread. This "life" on internet is time and emotion consuming, but somehow its attractive, you can be an asshole or very sweet, and just walk away by turning off the PC. But slander and spreading unfunded rumors can have long time effects, can be dangerous for the ones involved. In this same removed thread of this forum I was accused of writing rubbish in my "log". So be it, for some. I am not a great writer, maybe I do it for my ego or for some other reason not to be proud of. But its there, and I am willing to take the shit from others for doing this, because of the encouraging support from others and the fun I have with it. Enough about this and this other forum.

Was there anything specially Balinese about my day?. No, not really, or it must have been the rerouting of the way home because of some ceremonies. Or Komang getting really persuasive in getting my attention, heard about these "things" but never experienced them before. I made my neighbors homework, I shouldn't but I did. At first I tried just to help them to make it, make them think, but I am getting lazy. I am proud I still don't smoke, now little more then a month I think..

I walked around the village a little this evening and felt happy looking at the houses, the people hanging around, and the stars, not so visible anymore in Amsterdam because of "light pollution".

Here a little movie of my driving behind a truck with people from Pemaron, we just got the bride from other village for a guy living in Pemaron. That’s what they do here, getting brides with many people. Its near Bunkulan, if I remember well.

http://bali-information.com/forumpics/OnATiger.WMV

Right Click and Save..

If "Not found" removed because of space problems.

keep posting

No keep on posting I do believe people read all of your web log. Yes granted they may do it just to flame but if it wasn't interesting then they wouldn't read it would they. "Any pubilcity is good publicity"

Cheers

I read everything you write Bert

and I find it interesting, sometimes moving and touching, and sometimes you reflect my own life. Please continue.

As to 'the other forum' - I can hardly understand why you and others I know as decent people mix with the scum, feeding them with your presence for endless new gibbirish.... wouldn't it be much better to treat them a non-existent?

Chinese Proverb:

"He who rides a Tiger is afraid to dismount."
So you'd best keep on at it! And don't listen to nay-sayers.

Yes-- by all means, please keep up the log.
I'm a reader of both Forums, and really find you perspective as an ex-pat living 'local' good to follow.

Back