Melia Bali at Nusa Dua and General Info

magpie

Nov 16, 2004
United Kingdom
Hello All

I am totally new to the forum, looking forward to here from you all out there and read all the posts. :D :D :D

My Good lady and I will be travelling to Bali from the UK at the beginning of February 2005 for 2 weeks. We are staying at the Melia Bali Hotel in Nusa Dua. I would be grateful on any information you may have on this hotel and the location?

We cannot wait to go, counting all the days till we go, it currently stands at 80 days :shock: But what the hell it will soon pass.

Any information you can give, will really be appreciated, also any good excursions you lot would recommend.

8)

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
I never stayed at the Melia hotel, but I picked up clients a few times there. To me it looks like a typical luxury tourist hotel, probably very nice to stay. It located in the Nusa Dua resort area, an area with just hotels, and nothing much more, and if you want to go somewhere you always need transportation of some sort. Within walking distance there is nothing much. Ofcourse you need to go to all the famous places in Bali, like Ubud, spend the night there maybe,

I made a (free) website for a guy:

http://driver.bali-portal.com/excursions.htm

Maybe you can try him, its not expensive, and you can tell me afterwards if he was worth his free website :)

Hope you will enjoy your stay in Bali!

G

Bert

Many thanks for your Information, I have had a look at the website and have sent an e-mail to your friend.

Lets hope all goes well, still 80 days and counting.

Regards

Geordie

:lol:

G

Hi Geordie, nothing like doubling up is there?? I've answered you on Bali Forum - go Gunners!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Clive M :) :) :)

magpie

Nov 16, 2004
United Kingdom
Andrea

Many thanks for your post :D :D

I have just read your article on the hotel, I cannot wait to get there, only 75 days and counting :D

Cheers Again
Magpie :p :p :p

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
Melia Bali is next to sheraton,

They have quite old, but nice rooms.....
Looks quite old, nice pool, good outlets, nice villa's with extra pool for villa guests...

Nusa Dua itself is quite boring... '
Have Fun

G

Hmmm...you must be talking about the othe Melia hotel in nusa Dua
and not the Melia Bali...cause the rooms sure did not look old to me.

Peace

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
No I am talking about the Melia Bali Nusa Dua, maybe for you, as a tourist, it looks perfect, however if one observate with a "hotel-view", one easily see that the room product is in a serious decay.

I have to say that the villas are quite nice, there are 10 of them on the Melia Bali property...

Next time you might consider better hotels. I am happy to recommend you some nice hotels in the future...

Regards,

Maurits

G

Don't mean to bicker...
not my style....
I'm all about peace,
BUT I ain't no tourist and have been in the industry
for 16 years.

Bali Melia still gets a thumbs up from me.
I guess it's up the Mugpie to see for himself.

PEACE

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Maurits writes:

maybe for you, as a tourist, it looks perfect,

And further writes:

Next time you might consider better hotels. I am happy to recommend you some nice hotels in the future...

Verrrrryyyyy interesting Maurits. Would you care to share "your" ideas of the better hotels, or is this all going back to your October post wherein you wrote, "I lived in Sanur for 6 months, during my stay I was market analyst for a large hotel chain in Sanur?"

G

Your choice of hotel is an excellent one, especially if you are a first time visitor to Bali. The hotel is beachfront & well equipped for your holiday stay. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is swept and kept clean and clear of hawkers. During the day, there are many activities to do or just relax. The hotel puts on shows in the evening and there are various bars and eateries. After a full day of heat, humidity, bargaining, being a tourist and at times, being in culture shock, its a great hotel to come back to. The rooms have had various upgrades over the last couple of years and are very comfortable. They also have private villas, which are luxurious with your own swimming pool and butler service!

Nusa Dua is one of the most expensive places to stay and eat, especially inside the hotel itself. Be sure to take the time to go on the many tours available to other parts of Bali, especially if you have around two weeks. You will find loads of brochures and tour desks at the hotel with staff who are only too willing to sell and assist with what ever takes your fancy.

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
Dear Roy,

To answer your question...

Sanur, I recommend Bali Hyatt, and in a lower price class Puri Santrian

Bali Hyatt, 500 metres of beach, typically balinese, 36 acrse of tropical garden...very good chinese restaurant called Telaga Naga

Puri Santrian, new hotel, good pools, good restaurant with Asian and European Menu

Than moving down to Jimbaran, my favorite is the Ritz Carlton, with excellent view, great thalasso Spa, and nice but a bit clinical rooms... However nice villas can be found also

Nusa Dua Region;
If you like 'grand' than take Grand Hyatt into account, with 6 swimmingpools, 650 metres of beach, good fitness centre, nice lobby, nice rooms, and soon they offer also 74 Spa Villas...

Then I prefer the Westin above Melia, where my friend Mr. Riva is doing a great job... Westin with its nice swimmingpool, and renovated hotel of 12 million usd... Offering now an airconidtioned lobby, room product is excellent...

Tanjung Benoa,
My personal favorite is conrad, with their minamalistic interior...nice rooms, good f en b outlets... and offering a room rate of 153 USD now... however, no shade and a noisy beach... And now offering the biggest pool of Bali... Nice detail is that all rooms are facing the ocean... They just opened also a SPA...

Ubud...here it comes roy, your turf... Maya Ubud, small boutique hotel, award winner with their SPA and great feedback of several visitors... Their suite is amazing...

If you can afford; Amandari, Amanusa or Amankila, absolut high standard and great view when you are visiting Amanusa.

Legian, I have to recommend the Legian, excellent service level and good cuisine... Watch there wine evenings...

Restaurants: Telaga Naga, Massimo, Resto Ming >>> Sanur
Ku De Ta, La Lucciola Jalan Oberoi... Ku de Ta nice for brunch and breakfast

etcetera etcetera etcetera