Letter of no impediment?

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Well...

You need to have birth certificate, and a proof of your current marital status, you better get them at home....

With this, the consulate can give you a document that says its ok for you to marry...

Thats what I needed....

Quite a hassle to get documents from "home" then...

eddiebhoyuk

Mar 27, 2005
Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Thanks Bert. I'm comming over for an extended stay, I've been with Isobel for 20 yrs and we always seem to be too busy to get round to tying the knot. So as our three teenage daughters are going to be here with us we thought why not. We fell in love with Bali and it's crazy way of life last time we were there so we decided lets get married in Paradise. Our fav part of Bali is Lovina/Singaraja ,although the hawkers there do seem a bit persistant. But that's our expierence of Bali you take it all regardless, you remember the good bits and let the rest go over your head and into those amazing sunsets.

God how many more hours till that flight leaves.
bye for now eddie

Angie

Apr 17, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Eddy,

To get your CNI (Certificate of no impediment) in Bali, you definitely need to make an appointment with the British Consulate in Sanur as they only issue them on certain days.

You need to take with you

1. Passports for you both
2. Original Decree of Divorce Absolute (Nisi)or Death Ceritficate of
previous spouse(s) if applicable
3. Payment of 65.00 pound per person, payable in rupiah only

An additional payment of 20 pounds is required if you wish to register your marriage with the GRO in the UK.

Getting your CNI is only half of the requirement as any legal wedding must also be registered with and witnessed by the Indonesian government

If you need any help from a wedding planner in Bali, please email me.

Angie