88mph

Oct 28, 2010
Since moving out of my place with a washing machine I've used three different laundry services, each managing to leave small blue stains on various parts of my light coloured clothing.

Now.. in many, many years of washing my own clothes I've never once ruined anything (I'm not a professional either, in fact I've never been paid to do someone's laundry). I've also used laundry services across Thailand and elsewhere and never had any problems. So what's the story here? How are they managing it? Why these blue marks? Have I just been unlucky or are all the people on this forum without washing machines wandering around with marks on their clothes, shrugging and getting on with their day?

Are there any competent laundry services in the south of Bali?!

freddie

May 22, 2012
Hi 88,

I am using laundry service too. I never had blue spots, although I had bleach spots, holes, missing clothes..
I think the blue spots may come from detergents, some detergents have blue powder in it and if it doesn't dissolve perfectly, it can leave stains.
So far, I haven't found any good laundry here in Bali.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Also Jasmine Laundry in jalan Pengubengan Kauh, Kerobokan. They're quite a bit more expensive than other laundries, but they do a great job. They have the contracts for several hotels in Bali.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
Maybe not the answer you're looking for but before I would pay the high prices for the upscale laundry services, I would just hire a pembantu and make doing laundry one of her responsibilities.